How To Spend Three Days In The Whitsundays
Updated Fri 02 Sep 2022
Whether you’re heading out on a long weekend with the family, treating yourself to a romantic mid-week getaway or heading out with the gang, three days in the Whitsundays is a great amount of time to spend living it up! As the Whitsundays is easily accessible by plane, car or bus, you can escape to paradise without having to take heaps of time off work. Indeed, it really is the perfect destination for a mini-holiday, with stunning islands, dazzling beaches and beautiful sections of the Great Barrier Reef!
In short, the best way to spend three days in the Whitsundays is to hop on an overnight sailing boat for two days and nights, spending most of your time exploring islands, beaches and incredible reefs. On your final day, choose to head out on a day trip (scenic flight anybody?) or spend a day discovering the town of Airlie Beach with its many free activities, divine eateries and stunning beachside walks.
Day 1 & 2 - Overnight Sailing
There is so much to do out in the Whitsunday Islands, from island hopping to snorkelling, and the best way to explore it all, is by boat. You really can’t come to the Whitsundays and not experience an overnight sailing adventure, as it’s undeniably the most authentic way to soak up the natural magic out at sea. Any overnight experience is incredibly inclusive, with lunch, snacks, accommodation, island visits and snorkelling gear provided, making it a really affordable trip.
During your Whitsunday overnight sail you will…
- Visit Whitsunday Island; home to the bewitching white sands of Whitehaven Beach and impeccable views of Hill Inlet.
- Dive in for a snorkel and swim amongst the creatures of the Great Barrier Reef.
- Enjoy freshly-prepared meals amongst stunning islands.
- Gaze out at dazzling tropical scenery and relax onboard state-of-the-art vessels.
From family-friendly cruising to backpacker party boats and everything in between, explore in style with these two-day, two-night experiences.
- New Horizon - for the ultimate fun, backpacker boat with diving and an inflatable water slide.
- Powerplay - a luxurious yet exciting catamaran trip, perfect a girls weekend and small groups.
- Getaway - the perfect vessel for a luxury and romantic atmosphere with excellent service.
- Entice - a modern catamaran with watertoys like SUPs, kayaks and more!
- Milady - an authentic sailing ship with just six guests, making it perfect for families!
- Adventurer - a smooth, spacious catamaran ideal for families looking for a relaxing getaway.
Private charters are also available for most of our overnight boats, and are a great option for larger groups, special occasions and families. Personalise your time, unwind and soak up that island magic with you and yours aboard an elegant, jam-packed Whitsunday Private Charter!
Day 3 - Airlie Beach relaxing or day tour
Return to the Airlie Beach mainland with a golden tan and your watch set to island time! Your third and final day in the Whitsundays can be as jam-packed or as relaxed as you like. Whether you’re moseying around town checking out the bests cafes, restaurants or bars in Airlie Beach or enjoying one of the many free activities on offer (unwinding by the cool lagoon anyone?), revel in a relaxed day in this beloved beachside town.
Or, if you can’t get enough of adventure and experiencing natural marvels, check out one of the many incredible day tours available. Whether you want to get your adrenaline pumping with a thrilling skydive, are venturing out on a scenic flight over Heart Reef, or hitting the water on a jet ski or sunset cruise, end your three-day holiday with a spectacular Whitsunday bang!
If you’re looking for more tours, personalised advice or things to do on a longer trip to the Whitsundays, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Call our local travel agents on +61 7 4914 2425 or live chat with us today!