Boat options for solo travellers in the Whitsundays
The Whitsundays are one of the most beautiful and diverse regions in all of Australia. At the heart of the Great Barrier Reef and home to Whitehaven Beach, it attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors each year, most just passing through as they travel around the rest of the country. Ideal for backpackers, whether travelling in groups or solo, the Whitsundays are a top destination for any traveller!
The Whitsundays are home to many different types of boats and tours, ideal for all types of travellers, including the solo traveller. Depending on whether you're looking to escape the crowds, surround yourself with other backpackers or just meet new people, there is a tour for you!
Small group sailing for solo travellers
Small group sailing is perfect for solo travellers who want to explore the Whitsunday Islands away from the crowds, while still enjoying the company of other travellers. Ideal for relaxing, reclining and enjoying the tropics, small group sailing makes for a great way to make friends and form lasting memories! Without the crowds, you'll enjoy the ultimate relaxing vacation, while still getting to meet other travellers!
- Prima is a relaxing way to see the Whitsundays, exploring the beautiful islands and reefs alongside good company! With only 12 guests on board, Prima is the perfect place to escape the crowds and relax, while giving yourself the chance to make some new lifelong friends. With both shared and private accommodation, Prima is host to all types of travellers, making it ideal for the solo traveller! With snorkelling, Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet Lookout, and authentic sailing on the agenda, you will have an ultimate two days and two nights in the Whitsundays.
- Adventurer takes 12 passengers at a time, and with both private and shared accommodation, is often home to a diverse group of travellers! With stand-up paddleboards, a clear kayak, snorkelling, onboard spa, Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet Lookout to look forward to, Adventurer is the best platform for the adventure of a lifetime for two days and two nights!
Great for meeting other travellers
One of the best parts of travelling is the friends you meet along the way and the great memories you make together! If you're the type of traveller who wants to make as many friends as you can during your travels, extended trips on larger boats is the way to go. With more passengers and a longer time to get to know each other, you're sure to walk away from these trips with lasting friendships and new travel stories!
- Anaconda III offers a three day, three night tour great for solo travellers to meet friends in the Whitsundays! They not only offer on board scuba diving, snorkelling and a visit to Whitehaven Beach, but they spend time on the Inner and Outer Great Barrier Reef for a chance to explore all the best reefs in the Whitsundays. With 32 passengers on board, you'll have plenty of people to explore the reefs with, making Anaconda III the trip of a lifetime!
- Solway Lass is the only tall ship to offer an overnight tour of the Whitsundays, with three days and nights to explore, relax, and make new friends while you sail around the islands. With both shared and private accommodation, Solway Lass hosts a diverse group of passengers, making it a great place to meet all types of travellers! With over 100 years of sailing to her name, Solway Lass is on the one of the most unique ships in the Whitsundays and will make for the ultimate sailing adventure.
Backpacker boats for 18-30s
Backpacker boats are typically full of backpacking 18-30 year olds, looking to explore the Whitsundays, while still having a fun time and meeting new people. With an awesome party vibe, unparalleled fun and high energy crew and passengers, backpacker boats offer action-packed snorkelling, swimming, sailing and socialising.
- Atlantic Clipper is one of the biggest boats in the Whitsundays, with 53 passengers on board, creating the perfect trip for those looking for social tour, full of energy, fun and like minded passengers! With plenty of space for hanging out, as well as a fun crew and Atlantic Clipper is the ultimate backpacker boat, perfect for the the solo backpacker. They offer onboard scuba diving, a waterslide, an on deck spa and an action packed itinerary, promising the trip of a lifetime!
- New Horizon hosts 32 passengers at a time, making for a fun social trip in the Whitsundays, ideal for all types of backpackers! With a waterslide, movie theatre, stand-up paddleboards, scuba diving and snorkelling, New Horizon is the perfect environment for having fun and exploring the islands and reefs. It's not only a great place to make new friends, but is also place to spend your nights socialising and relaxing with drink in hand!
There are many great ways to see the Whitsundays if you are travelling alone, with different tours for every type of traveller. Whether you’re looking to simply relax, meet new people or party - there is a boat for everyone!