Family sailing holidays in the Whitsundays
The Whitsundays are an amazing place to come and explore alongside your family. With many family-friendly boats available to you, it’s the perfect setting for your next family getaway. As a family you can explore Whitehaven Beach, snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park and enjoy the beauty of the Whitsunday Islands.
On board a skippered boat, you won’t have to worry about a thing. With a host there to take care of all your meals, cleanup and entertainment, all you need to do is sit back and enjoy your time exploring this beautiful part of the world.
You can visit our families page or take a look at the boats below to find out what's right for you!
1. Prima offers small group sailing on board an authentic sailboat that takes only 12 passengers at a time. Taking children ages 4 and up, it makes a great place for you and your family to escape. It has both private and shared accommodation and offers a 2 day, 2 night trip. Children must be in a private cabin.
2. Solway Lass is a huge pirate ship that offers a 3 day, 3 night trip sailing in the Whitsundays. This extended trip is ideal if you want to spend a little more time at sea, and also offers both private and shared accommodation. It offers snorkelling, swimming, a visit to Whitehaven Beach and even has a rope swing that's great for both kids and adults! This trip is ideal for families, taking children 3 years and up. Children must be in private cabins.
3. Anaconda III is a great family trip that takes her guests to the Outer Great Barrier Reef. With no age minimum on this trip, you can take the entire family for a 3 day, 3 night trip. Children must be in private cabins.
4. On Ice offers a 2 day, 2 night trip through the Whitsunday Islands where guests can enjoy fun toys like a clear kayak, sea scooter, aqua-glider and standup paddleboard. On Ice takes guests aged 10 years and older and has both private and shared accommodation, but children must be in private cabins.
5. Blizzard offers guests both private and shared accommodation and takes guests aged 10 and up. You can sail the Whitsundays with sails up on board Blizzard for a fun 2 days and 2 nights. With a sea scooter, snorkelling, and a visit to Whitehaven Beach, Blizzard is the perfect escape for your family!
6. For 3 days and 3 nights you and your family can sail on board Summertime. Welcoming families with kids aged 12 and up, you can enjoy Summertime’s amazing activities during your trip, including onboard kayaks and a spa! Summertime also offers private and shared accommodation.
7. Waltzing Matilda offers families 2 days and 1 night of sailing in the Whitsundays. Children aged 10 years and older are welcomed, making it a perfect place for a family escape! This traditional sailing boat combined with an awesome itinerary promises an amazing place to make family memories.
No matter what boat you choose, sailing in the Whitsundays is an amazing way to spend time with your most cherished family members. Ask us which boat is right for you and your family. Children must be in private cabins for most tours, please check with your agent to ensure you choose the right accommodation style so you can enjoy your Whitsundays escape.
*** Please note that ages and guest numbers may have changed, always check with your agent before booking. Each boat has different criteria for booking children, so make sure you’ve chosen the right accommodation style for you and your family.