K'gari (Fraser Island) and Whitsunday Tour Packages
Updated Tue 18 Jul 2023
K'gari (Fraser Island) and the Whitsundays are two of Australia's top travel destinations! Both offer incredibly beautiful and unique natural attractions that draw in international travellers and Aussie locals alike. From the famous Whitehaven Beach in the Whitsundays to the rainforests and lakes of the world's largest sand island of K'gari (Fraser Island), these two locations are undoubtedly worth a visit!
Travellers in Australia may choose to book tours individually, and there is a huge array of tours in both the Whitsundays and on K'gari (Fraser Island). But if you plan on visiting both places, save yourself time and money by booking a combo package! You'll get a discount on each tour and enjoy the convenience of one booking process that organises both tours for you.
K'gari (Fraser Island) and Whitsunday Tour Packages
There are different types of K'gari & Whitsunday tour packages to suit all kids of travellers. Whether you're a backpacker looking for a social tour, a couple looking for a peaceful tour, or a family looking for a safe and kid-friendly tour, you have options! Let's briefly discuss some of the best options for booking a K'gari (Fraser Island) and Whitsunday Tour Package that save you money and ensure you can experience the best of East Coast Australia! We'll also include a brief overview of what to expect on your tours in each location.
K'gari (Fraser Island) Tours
K'gari (Fraser Island) has two types of tours available: guided and tag-along. Guided tours are a classic type of tour where you travel in a 4WD bus and have a knowledgeable tour guide lead you around the island. Tag along tours include multiple 4WD vehicles and you can sign up to be a driver! The lead tour guide navigates around the island while you follow in your own 4WD. In addition to choosing between guided or tag along, you can choose what type of accommodation you want. Most K'gari (Fraser Island) tours offer either a camping experience in the wilderness or a resort stay. It's up to you!
Some of the top destinations on this magical island include the sapphire perched lake, Lake McKenzie, the dense rainforests of Central Station, the refreshing stream of Eli Creek, the golden sand dunes of Lake Wabby, and the natural rock pools of Champagne Pools. Your itinerary will vary based on which your is included in your package, but there is no shortage of incredible things to see and do on K'gari (Fraser Island)!
Tours in the Whitsundays generally involve lots of frolicking in the ocean and exploring the lush tropical islands! From the famous white sands of Whitehaven Beach, to excellent snorkelling in the fringing reefs of the Great Barrier Reef, there are endless treasures awaiting you in the Coral Sea.
The best way to experience the Whitsundays is a boat tour, and most tour packages include a 2 or 3 day boat tour. You'll get to spend a night or two out at sea, watching the sun rise and set over the ocean. Most tours include snorkelling, and some tours also offer scuba diving, or have extras such as paddleboards, kayaks, or onboard spas! You can also look forward to Hill Inlet Lookout and seeing many of the many islands as you sail or cruise around.
While the majority of these tour packages are backpacker-focused, there are some family-friendly ones as well! Depending on your travel style, couples could also have a blast on the backpacker tours. But we'll also list some more relaxed, couple-geared tours as well.
- Backpacker Package - 3-day, 2-night Whitsunday sailing tour on Solway Voyager + 3-day, 2-night Pippies Tag Along Camping Safari on K'gari
- Cheap Backpacker Deal - 2-day, 2-night Whitsunday sailing tour on New Horizon + 2-day, 1-night Dingos 4WD Safari on K'gari
- Authentic Sailing Combo - 2-day, 2-night Whitsunday sailing tour on a maxi yacht + 2-day, 1-night Fraser Dingo 4WD tour on K'gari
- Catamaran & Camp Package - 2-day, 2-night Whitsunday catamaran tour on Powerplay + 3-day, 2-night Pippies Tag Along Camping Safari on K'gari
- Super Saver Package - 2-day, 1-night Whitsunday sailing tour on Atlantic Clipper + 2-day, 1-night Fraser Dingo 4WD tag along tour on K'gari
- Backpacker Adventure Deal - 2-day, 1-night Whitsunday sailing tour on Atlantic Clipper + 3-day, 2-night Island Expeditions 4WD tag along camping tour on K'gari
- Backpacker Island Saver Deal - 2-day, 2-night Whitsunday sailing tour on New Horizon + 3-day, 2-night Island Expeditions 4WD tag along camping tour on K'gari
- Day Trip Combo - Day boat tour on Whitsunday Bullet + Day trip to K'gari with Fraser Adventure Tour
- Catamaran & Resort Package - 2-day, 2-night Whitsunday catamaran tour on Entice + 2-day, 1-night guided tour on K'gari with resort accommodation
- Extended Package - 4-day, 3-night Whitsunday sailing tour on Blizzard + 2-day, 1-night guided tour on K'gari with resort accommodation
- Resort & Sail Package - 3-day, 3-night Whitsunday tour on Whitsunday Blue + 2-day, 1-night Guided K'gari Tour with resort accommodation
- Catamaran & 4WD Deal - 2-day, 2-night sailing tour on Whitsunday Adventurer + 2-day, 1-night Dingos 4WD Tag Along Camping Safari on K'gari
- Island Deluxe Package - 2-day, 2-night Whitsunday catamaran tour on Powerplay + 3-day, 2-night Island Expeditions 4WD tag along camping tour on K'gari
- Premium Sailing Package - 2-day, 2-night catamaran tour on Whitsunday Getaway + 2-day, 1-night Guided K'gari Tour with resort accommodation
Traveling between the Whitsundays and K'gari (Fraser Island)
K'gari (Fraser Island) and the Whitsundays are about 860km apart and tours may require a day or two in between, depending on which tours you choose! Guests can opt to fly or drive between the two destinations, and can also use the Greyhound Bus to make their way up or down the coast. All these packages include an option an checkout where you can include the Greyhound bus, which saves you some hassle in terms of planning your travel.
Also take advantage of our live chat window so you can use the local knowledge of our travel agents when planning your trip! By working with one of our agents, you can book your tour from beginning to end, not only including your tours but your transportation, accommodation and anything else you can think of! By booking all of your travel together, you can save some money and have a dedicated expert to help you with all your travel needs. We can help you plan your entire holiday package to ensure you are able to have the best time possible while making your way around Australia!
Are you ready to see some of the best Australia has to offer? See our full list of combo packages here, or chat with our friendly travel experts to book your combo tour today!