Experience Reefsleep and see what happens at the Great Barrier Reef at all hours of the day! Reefworld is located on Hardy reef, one of the most spectacular stretches of the Great Barrier Reef, off the Queensland coast. It is the destination of the Airlie Beach day trippers and also a lucky 30 guests can have an overnight experience never to be forgotten!
Guests on the Reefsleep experience travel out to Reefworld aboard Cruise Whitsundays high speed vessels with the day guests and arrive at about 11am. During the day you can experience all the Great Barrier Reef activities the pontoon has to offer like snorkelling, swimming, water slides and sun baking. Also you are able to purchase guided snorkel tours, dives, scenic flights and massages onboard just ask the staff on the way out.
Come 3pm the day vessel departs leaving this magnificent part of the world is just for you and you fellow Reefsleep guests to enjoy. A hush settles and just have the sound of water and a few birds, then as dusk approaches watch for turtles that some to nibble at the seaweed around the pontoon. Please note for safety reasons only children of 12 years old and over are able to join this tour.
- 30 guests
- 2 days on Reefworld pontoon
- 1 night on Reefworld
- Meals, teas and coffees
- Use of Reefworld activities
- Extra costs drinks, alcohol, scuba diving and scenic flights
Scuba Diving & Snorkelling
The Cruise Whitsundays Reefworld pontoon is adjacent to coral walls, the length of which you can explore by snorkelling as much as like during the days. It has its own ecosystem with magnificent corals and a diversity of marine life found only in sheltered areas. It provides a unique world for you to explore and the prolific fish life will surprise and delight you especially the giant groper!
Guided snorkelling tours are also available to purchase on board with small groups the guide will take you to very special spots where giant Maori Wrass, coral formations, tropical fish, turtles and reef sharks are there to be seen. Dont worry if not a keen summer you can enjoy the sights from the comfort of a semi submersible or viewing chamber.
There is no better place to experience the magic of your first scuba dive than at the outer Great Barrier Reef, no experience necessary. Experienced divers can enjoy spectacular dives at specially selected sites with a variety of coral formations and marine life. Intro and cert dives are all booked and paid for onboard the boat, please see staff on ferry ride out. These are the current dive prices, please note age and medical restrictions apply.
- Introductory Dives - $139pp for 1st dive and $59pp for 2nd dive
- Certified Dives - $99pp for 1st dive and $59pp for 2nd dive
When you are ready to snooze under the stars just climb into your swag, basically a cosy low tent with a clear viewing panel above your head. They will provide a comfortable mattress and sleeping bag so you just need to bring something to sleep in. Being 40 nautical miles from the shore you are safe from bugs and mosquitos so you can sleep with the cover open. Just you, the sea air and the stars so a true camping experience.
Departure and Return times
- Port of Airlie at 8:00am gets back the next day at 6:00pm
- Hamilton Island Marina at 9:00am gets back the next day at 5:00pm
Sumptuous buffet lunch enjoyed on board Seaflight along with the day trip guests
Dinner: Upon booking, please select one of the following meal options for each guest
- Char Griller 150g Eye Fillet Steak: Served with 1/2 garlic butter Bay Bug, cooked to your liking
- Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli: Served with tomato sugo, roasted red peppers and Kalamata olives and topped with parmesan cheese
- Slow Braised Lamb Shank: Cooked in red wine and thyme and served with root vegetables
- Thai Fish Curry: Served with steamed rice
- Cold Seafood and Salad Plate (extra $10.00 per person): Chilled local tiger prawns, coffin bay oysters, smoked salmon, marinated green lip mussels with fresh garden salad, dipping sauces and lemon
Dessert: Warm Flourless Chocolate Cake with a White Chocolate Sauce or Traditional Sticky Date Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce
Beer, Wine and soft drinks available for purchase
This is a sample of menu and is subject to change and amendments. Menu items subject to availability
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL