Take the ride of a lifetime onboard British Defender! For 2 days and 2 nights, take in all that the Whitsundays has to offer while you experience Maxi Racing at its finest. Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef, soak up the sun at Whitehaven Beach, sail with speed and make some lifelong friends! Taking out a total of 28 passengers, this vessel boasts of space, offering a great social environment, popular among the backpacker community. Your maxi yacht 2 day and 2 night adventure will make you never want to leave the Whitsundays as you explore the islands, see Whitehaven Beach for the first time and take a walk to the world-famous Hill Inlet Lookout. Under the water, you will snorkel at two amazing sites filled with fringing coral reefs which extend right from the edge of the Islands.
British Defender Features:
- Offers a fun and fast maxi racing experience
- Comfortable, spacious interior
- Shaded area on deck for sun protection and relaxing
- 28 passengers, it is a sociable and fun trip
- All meals included and made fresh
- Morning tea and afternoon tea, tea and coffee
- Clean, fresh linen provided for all guests
Don't miss out on the Whitsundays most popular MAXI - MAXImum deck space and MAXImum fun! Don't settle for an average sail, take the ultimate sail on board British Defender. You too can become part of the crew during the 2 day 2 night sailing cruise around the Whitsundays.
The saloon features 2 dining tables so that everyone can dine together in comfort, unlike other vessels where lap dining is the norm. British Defender has 3 bathrooms with hot showers and toilets. On deck the boat is really wide, so there's plenty of deck space to chill out, plus there is a shade awning built into the boom which extends over the whole centre deck space. British Defender carries a maximum of 28 guests plus the 4 great Crew. Onboard are 6 double bunks, 16 single bunks. British Defender was constructed in 1989 and is 77 feet long.
Every trip on British Defender is unique and itineraries will vary depending on the weather and tides.
Your maxi yacht 2 day and 2 night adventure will make you never want to leave the Whitsundays as you explore the islands, see Whitehaven Beach for the first time and take a walk to the world-famous Hill Inlet Lookout. Under the water, you will snorkel at two amazing sites filled with fringing coral reefs which extend right from the edge of the Islands.
While on this fast, sailing maxi, guests will zoom to each destination quickly leaving no time to waste! And, the passengers are welcome to get involved and help the crew set the sails, sit at the wheel or just sit back and relax with the wind in your hair.
Please note, itineraries can change due to the weather, tides and your captains professional judgement.
On Arrival: Fresh fruit platter or tea/coffee & biscuits
Dinner: BBQ chicken breast fillets with either satay or Thai green curry sauce, rice, damper bread, green salad, yoghurt & cucumber dip
Dessert: Fruit cake & tea & coffee
Breakfast: Cereal, toast, spreads, tea & coffee
Morning tea: Either fresh fruit platter or tea, coffee & biscuits
Lunch: BBQ sausages, pesto pasta salad, potato salad, garden salad & cob bread
Afternoon Tea: Fresh fruit platter or tea, coffee & biscuits
Nibbles: Cubed cheese, olives, pickled onions, carrot sticks, dips & biscuits
Dinner: Spaghetti bolognaise, garlic bread, fresh mixed salad
Dessert: Fruit cake, tea & coffee
Breakfast: Cereal, toast, spreads, tea & coffee
Please note this is a sample of menu and is subject to change and amendments
You May Also Like One Of These Products:
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
What To Bring
Please bring only a small soft bag with: change of clothes, hat, swim-wear, beach towel, sunscreen 30+, warm pullover for the evenings (seasonal). You will also need to bring your own alcoholic beverages, available for purchase in town. No glass bottles please.
Excess luggage can be stored at several places in town including most boat check-in offices, a 24 hour locker shop on The Esplanade, most hostels, or at your accommodation. Most charge between $5-10pp for the duration of your trip.
Skipper, crew, drinking water, meals, linen, wetsuit hire, snorkelling equipment, Marine Park fees and wet weather jackets if needed.
BYO alcohol (no glass). Soft drinks available for purchase on board.
Please read the following questions carefully:
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of asthma, emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioral health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
If any of these conditions apply to you, you will need to tell the staff when you board the vessel.
Terms and Conditions
*A $20 per night (per person) Public Holiday Surcharge is applicable to tours departing on the 24th, 25th and 26th of December 2019. New Years surcharges may also apply, please enquire at the time of booking.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. The Operator also reserves the right to alter the tour or the itinerary of any of it's tours and organise alternative carriers to those advertised if necessary. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
This is a water-based activity, for safety reasons ALL passengers must be able to swim and speak fluent English. Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip.
Also, please note that you need to allow time prior to the boats departure to check in, please ask us for more details.
All cancellations made result in 25% cancellation fee of the recommended retail price (RRP), not discounted or sale prices. All cancellations made 60-30 days prior to travel will result in a 50% cancellation fee of the total price and any cancellations made inside of 30 days to departure will result in forfeit of full trip fees. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.