What To Bring
Please only bring a small soft overnight bag without any zippers (ie. a re-usable shopping). A zip less souvenir bag can be purchased at the boat's check-in office for a few dollars. Ensure you pack clothes, a hat, swim-wear, bath and beach towel, sunscreen 30+, warm pullover for the evenings (seasonal)and cash/card for on board purchases. Please feel free to bring onboard a reusable water bottle and/or additional snacks.
All alcohol is to be purchased from the licensed bar on board - NO BYO alcohol allowed on board.
Excess luggage can be stored at several places in town including most boat check-in offices, a 24 hour locker shop on The Esplanade, most hostels, or at your accommodation. Most charge between $5-10pp for the duration of your trip.
Skipper, crew, water, meals, linen, snorkelling equipment and all Marine Park fees.
- You are required to wear a full length wetsuit to snorkel or dive, you can bring own or hire one on-board for $22pp for whole trip
- Alcoholic beverages to be purchased from licensed bar (Beer - $4.50; Glass of wine - $3.50; Spirits - $5.50). Please note these prices are subject to change and are a guide only.
- Soft drinks and bottled water available for purchase on board.
- Scuba diving is an additional cost - all diving can be decided on and paid for on board. Please note dives are subject to age, weather, other conditions and the dive instructors discretion.
For dives booked on board the boat:
- Scuba Experience Free
- 1 Dive $75
- 2 Dives $135
- 3 Dives $190
- 4 dives $240
- 5 Dives $265 (certified divers only)
- Extra Dives over 5 are $40 each
For dives booked before 3pm on day of departure:
- 1 Dive $65
- 2 Dives $125
- 3 Dives $175
- 4 dives $220
- 5 Dives $245 (certified divers only)
There is no refunds for pre-booked dives if they do not complete all dives.
Night Dives for certified divers include torch, batteries and cylumes.
Your safety in the water is our primary concern. To ensure your comfort and safety divers must be 12+ years or over and they may require that you have a Divers Medical Certificate for certain medical conditions and also if you are over 45 years old.
Please read the following questions carefully:
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of asthma, emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioral health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
If any of these conditions apply to you, you will require a Divers Medical Certificate before you can scuba dive.
A Divers Medical Certificate can be obtained from:
Whitsunday Doctors Service
257 Shute Harbour Rd (Opposite xBase)
Ph: 07 4946 6241
Terms and Conditions
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Non-swimmers on the trip are able to disembark the boat and take part in activities, however for safety reasons you must be able to swim if you wish to snorkel or dive. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip. Also please note that you need to allow time prior to the boats departure to check in, please ask us for more details.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the sailing holiday. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.