With the Great Barrier Reef at our doorstep, one of the World's top-rated beaches just around the corner, the most ideal sailing conditions on the East Coast of Australia... it is no wonder to those of us who live at the heart of it all as to why Airlie Beach is such a special place! Jo Sweeny, of Zest Design, has decided that it is time for us to let the rest of the World in our best-kept secret...
Choose Airlie is an exciting new campaign that is aimed at reaching out to those who aren't yet aware of all that Airlie Beach has to offer and hopefully direct them towards us. Jo recognizes the diversity that exists in Airlie Beach and how every resident has a different reason for choosing Airlie Beach as their new home. The Choose My Airlie ambassador program will allow locals, potential visitors and investors to interact with one another online and share their unique experiences. It is with high hopes that this initiative will paint a spectacular (and at the same time, realistic) picture of Airlie Beach! With a better idea of what Airlie Beach really looks like, more people will come to visit and help us build a bigger and better future for the place we call home.
Why Choose Airlie?
Here are just a few reasons why locals think you should choose Airlie...
- We are the closest point of access to the Great Barrier Reef
- Home to Whitehaven Beach, which is renowned as one of the world's best beaches!
- Our islands offer perfect conditions for a number of recreational activities: sailing, snorkelling, fishing, scuba diving, stand-up paddleboarding and jet skiing just to name a few!
- We have two airports (Whitsunday Coast/Proserpine and Hamilton Island), making it easy to come and go
- Our weekly local markets bring the community together and offer outstanding talent and products... a great trip out for the family!
- Safe & secure environment for children, independents and retirees alike
- Multiple clubs and organizations available to get involved with
- The spectacular array of restaurants, bistros, cafes, pubs and clubs ensures a thriving social scene
- Breath-taking views, exquisite scenery and sensational (National Park) walking trails
- Our Bicentennial Walkwaystretches along the waterfront from Cannonvale to Airlie Beach means you don't even need a car!
- Live in a tropical paradise, and enjoy the perks of this travel hub destination!
Airlie Beach, the Whitsunday Islands and the Great Barrier Reef are enchanting places. We have a world standard of natural beauty, a unique offering and a culture that everyone loves... so, let's share it!
Check out our array of fantastic deals on fabulous tours to truly discover Airlie Beach and the Whitsunday Islands like a local!