See all the sights with a day tour that packs three days packed into one!
- Make a splash and snorkel among the colourful reefs!
- Visit both ends of Whitehaven Beach for the best beach day
- Bushwalk around Whitsunday Island to Hill Inlet Lookout
- Travel at top speeds from one location to the next
- Daydream Island departures available - "Rafters Pack" only
Ocean Rafting's Whitsunday tours visit the "wild side" of the Whitsunday Islands and are perfect for anyone looking to squeeze the Whitsundays into one day. This multi-award-winning tour has special permits which allow access all areas of Hill Inlet, including the beach! There's no other Whitsundays tour which can cruise all the way through the "postcard perfect" swirling sands of hill inlet.
Highlights & Features:
- Approximately 2 hours at Whitehaven Beach
- Over 1 hour snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park
- All snorkel equipment and flotations devices provided free of charge
- An exclusive permit to ALL areas of Hill Inlet and guided national park walks
- Courtesy bus pick-up and drop-off included to/from local accommodation
- Reef and island naturalist talks are offered by the Skipper and Eco Host
- A fast and adventurous experience - suitable for all ages!
- Visit the North and South end of Whitehaven
The Southern Lights tour has more of a focus on Whitehaven Beach and visits both ends of the world-famous beach! For a tour with more snorkelling focus check out Ocean Rafting's Northern Exposure tour.
Ocean Rafting is also available for Private Charter.
- General tickets do not include lunch or wet/stinger suit hire. Please purchase the "Rafters Pack" if you wish to purchase an all-inclusive tour featuring a delicious buffet lunch and wet/stinger suit hire.
- Guests departing and returning to/from Daydream Island must book the rafters pack and will incur a slightly shorter day than specified (approx. 20-30 minutes). Please let us know your wetsuit size upon booking.
Ocean Rafting's Southern Lights tour will depart Coral Sea Marina at 10:00am. Courtesy pick-ups are included for guests from local accommodations between 8:45am and 9:30am.
Get ready for an adrenaline-fuelled day exploring the pristine islands, inlets, bays and beaches of the Whitsundays!
Whitehaven beach is a massive 7kms in length! With Ocean Rafting's Southern Lights tour you can enjoy an extended stay at the southern end of the beach for approximately 2 hours. Choose to simply relax and bathe in the beautiful turquoise waters or bring along some beach toys and enjoy activities such as beach cricket, football or Frisbee!
Ocean Rafting has special permits which allow access to all areas of Hill Inlet. The swirling sand bars of Hill Inlet are the perfect place to relax and enjoy a tropical buffet lunch (optional). A guided bush walk to Hill Inlet lookout will provide panoramic views of the swirling sands below. If you look closely you can quite often see harmless stingrays and lemon sharks resting in the shallows.
Snorkel for over an hour at Border Island, Dumbell Island, or one of Ocean Rafting's "secret" snorkel locations! The exact snorkel location depends on the sea conditions and your knowledgeable skipper will determine the best snorkelling location on the day. Either way, you will see an abundant range of corals and marine life. Keep an eye out rare and protected fish species such as Queensland groupers, humpheaded Maori wrasse and barramundi cod!
It may be time to head home but the fun isn't over yet! The Ocean Rafting boats will often weave and race against each other on the way home to finish the day off with some more of Ocean Rafting's signature adrenaline fuelled action!
The Southern Lights tour follows the orange coloured path around the Whitsunday Islands.
What To Bring
A beach bag including a towel, hat and sand shoes. A sweater or jacket in the winter months to protect you from the wind and keep you warm after snorkelling. Cameras should be in a waterproof case or Tupperware. If you have chosen not to have our buffet style lunch, please ensure that you bring your own as we do not visit any resorts during the day. A sense of humour is always welcome!
- Marine park Fees
- Guided walks and talks in National parks
- Snorkelling gear, Mask, Snorkel, and fins
- Courtesy transfers to/from select local accommodations
- Buffet Style Lunches - $16*
- Sunsuit/Wetsuit Hire - $8*
- Prescription Mask Hire - $15
- Soft Drinks/Juice
The "Rafters Pack" includes lunch and sunsuit/wetsuit hire.
Terms and Conditions
Guests departing and returning to/from Daydream Island must book the rafters pack and will incur a slightly shorter day than specified (approx. 20-30 minutes). Please let us know your wetsuit size upon booking.
The Tour Operator reserves the right to limit courtesy transfers to select local accommodations. Private residences or Airbnb properties may be asked to meet at the closest confirmed location. If you are concerned about the availability of a door-to-door service to/from your accommodation, please contact our reservations team prior to booking.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather and may be changed or cancelled at the discretion of the tour operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to the actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings or not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
Please note that in the unlikely event of your trip being cancelled or stood down, all guest communication is required to go through our Online Store via telephone or email. While there is a Sailing Whitsundays retail outlet located Airlie Beach, please be aware that they operate as a separate entity and are unable to access reservations made by the Mr Travel online department.
Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non refundable 1.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of the total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 7 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the sailing holiday. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given, minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel if you need any advice or assistance making arrangements for your accommodation or transfers please do not hesitate to ask