Social Distancing in the Whitsundays
Updated 1st July 2020
The Whitsundays region is actively supporting social distancing measures and restrictions put in place to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
- All of local shops are following the one person per 4sq meter rule.
- Physical Distancing - Keeping 1.5 meters away from others when possible.
- Our Private charter vessels are booming as what a fantastic way to practice social distancing
- The Sailing Whitsundays private cabin market is also now up and running.
- Our restaurants have spread out the tables to allow for lower occupancy and social distance.
- Dont forget to book ahead for restaurants seating as we recover the Township of Airlie Beach is becoming busy again.
- Please continue to avoiding un-necessary contact such as shaking hands, kissing or hugging others
- Working from home and the office (Sailing Whitsundays has split our workforce into two , Many staff are working remotely to ensure clients stay up to date on planned travel)
- Restrict indoor gatherings to 10 people, unless from the same household
- The Whitsunday community looks forward to welcoming you back to the region, by visiting us you are doing your part to help the econpmy regrow. Your also helping someone keep a job, As the slogan goes " we are all this together "
For further information on COVID-19 restrictions and advice please visit Qld.gov.au