Kiana's personalised tour will take you on a tour to the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- One of the only tours to visit the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- Sail around the Whitsunday Islands, exploring and snorkelling!
- Opportunity to scuba dive or snorkel among the colourful reefs
- Extended trip of 3 days - longer than most Whitsunday tours
- Only 14 guests per trip for a personalised experience
Kiana offers a spectacular 3 day and 2 night tour that gives you a chance to visit all the hot spots of the Whitsunday Islands and the Outer Great Barrier Reef in comfort. Kiana takes only 14 guests per trip, giving you the most relaxing atmosphere possible. You'll get to enjoy a personalised dive and snorkel experience, where guests will have the opportunity to enjoy one free dive and also to visit the best parts of the Whitsundays. Kiana provides diving for all levels of experience, from first-time divers to the most experienced certified diver, allowing you to see the underwater world up close and personal. Regardless of your experience, you will be impressed with the underwater world at Bait Reef, where Kiana will stop and allow you to explore and witness the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef. This tour is a stand out choice for the chance to explore the reef for three full days. With the Whitsunday Islands, the Outer Great Barrier Reef, snorkelling, scuba diving, a genuine free dive, sensational food, private cabins, air-conditioning and all this at an affordable price, we know you won't be disappointed.
- Maximum 14 passengers offering a more personalised experience
- All meals prepared freshly onboard by your highly trained crew
- Tea and coffee
- Roomy air-conditioned interior for optimum comfort
- Private twin cabins available
- Large bathrooms with ample fresh hot water
- Large permanently shaded aft deck perfect for relaxing
- Fully equipped water equipment including dive compressors
- A clothes dryer for damp clothes and towels
- Free scuba dive
- Scuba diving and snorkelling
- Small group sailing
- Visit the Whitsunday Islands and Outer Great Barrier Reef
- See the famous Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet Lookout
Don't miss out on this chance to see the Whitsunday Islands and the Outer Great Barrier Reef, book today!
Kiana's upper decks are very spacious and provide permanently shaded areas for your protection. Below decks, the saloon is fully air-conditioned and fitted with timber lined cabins to add to the luxurious feel of this magnificently appointed sailing vessel. Kiana offers four different accommodation styles.
- Shared Cabin Single
- Shared Cabin Double
- Private Cabin Twin
- Private Cabin Double
You'll get to enjoy the best of the Whitsundays and Outer Great Barrier Reef travelling on board the beautiful Kiana. Not only will you get to sail, snorkel and dive through the inner fringing reefs and Outer Reef, you'll also get to visit icons such as Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet Lookout, and Hook Island. You'll get to bushwalk and enjoy the beach, as well as take part in some authentic sailing.
Kiana visits all the best locations in the Whitsundays during your amazing three-day tour. Your crew will choose an itinerary based on the tides and weather conditions to make sure you make the most out of your tour and have the best experience possible.
You will spend an afternoon on the iconic Whitehaven Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. The pure white silica sands will stay cool under your feet as you explore around, taking the time to walk some of its 7km shores. Voted one of the best beaches in the world and the best in Australia, it is a favourite stop in the Whitsundays.
Hill Inlet and Whitsunday National Park
Your trip on Kiana includes a guided bushwalk through the Whitsunday National park and a visit to the spectacular Hill Inlet Lookout. Guests will get to visit the famous lookout and see the amazing and mesmerising swirling sands below, which are constantly changing and never the same. This is the second most photographed place in all of Australia and for good reason - the unique view is world-famous.
Diving is definitely a major focus on board, and our crew will ensure that even first-time divers feel safe and are able to enjoy the splendour of our magnificent coral reefs. The crew love to dive so much they want everyone to try scuba diving by offering the 1st scuba dive FREE! This will allow you to relax with the equipment, feel comfortable underwater if it is the first time, and of course improve your abilities for future diving. The crew on board are all fully qualified Dive Instructors and Divemasters. All the dive equipment is new and the boat also includes its own diving compressors. Please note that scuba diving is subject to age, medical questionnaire and conditions.
First dive: free
Second dive: $90.00
Third dive: $70.00
Additional dives: $50.00 (conditions permitting)
On this trip, you will visit some of the best dive and snorkelling site in the Whitsunday Islands, located at the north end of Hook Island. Sites such as Luncheon Bay, Mantaray Bay and Mackerel Bay will take your breath away. The beautiful soft and hard corals, diverse marine life and colourful finned residents provide the perfect playground for exploring, ideal for both snorkellers and divers. The gentle beach provides the perfect platform for first time divers, where they can ease themselves into the water.
Bait Reef is the choice Outer Reef destination in the Whitsundays. It is totally protected under the Great Barrier Reef Plan of Management and is abundant in marine life and corals, ready to be explored. The natural lagoon provides a safe haven for overnight mooring and is an Eden for snorkelling and scuba diving. Bait Reef is about 2 - 3 hours beyond the islands and provides a picturesque journey, with an unbroken horizon and beautiful blue waters.
During June through September, each year vast number of whales migrate from Antarctica to the Whitsundays to give birth to calves and to mate. The most common whale that you will see during this period are humpbacks although occasionally other types such as minkies can be spotted.
Morning tea: Tea, coffee and fruit cake
Lunch: Cold meat platter served with freshly prepared tossed salad, coleslaw, potato salad and fresh bread rolls
Afternoon tea: Fruit platter
Pre-dinner snacks: Olives, cheese, corn chips, salsa, peanuts, chips and a selection of dips
Dinner: Export quality lamb and fresh vegetables
Breakfast: A selection on cereals, fruit platter and toast
Morning tea: Lamingtons served with tea and coffee
Lunch: Satay chicken and rice served with freshly prepared tossed salad, Waldorf salad and vegetable salad
Afternoon tea: Chocolate chip cookies served with tea and coffee
Pre-dinner Snacks: Water crackers, pate, savoury biscuits, cheese, kabana, gherkins, carrot and celery sticks with a selection of dips
Dinner: Spaghetti bolognese served with garlic bread, prepared from scratch by our chef using premium ground beef and fresh ingredients
Dessert: Mango and apple crepes served with freshly whipped cream
Breakfast: A selection on cereals, fruit platter and toast
Morning tea: Swiss rolls served with tea and coffee
Lunch: Cold meat platter served with salad, veggie bake, pasta salad and fresh rolls
Please note this is a sample menu and is subject to change and amendments. This vessel may have a dietary surcharge for some requests and does not cater for vegans.
Scuba diving is optional and dive fees are payable onboard (age and medical status dependent). Each passenger must have a clear understanding of safety directions and instructions given in English by the crew and be able to complete the required safety forms in English. A passenger is only able to participate in water activities if they have a level of swimming experience. If a passenger is unable to swim they will still be able to participate in the sailing trip, but will not but able to participate in water activities such as snorkelling. In order to meet our minimum safety standards, passengers must be able to exit the vessel unassisted in the unlikely case of an emergency. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask us.
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR LIVE CHAT US NOW!
What To Bring
Upon checking in, Whitsunday Sailing Adventures will provide you with a souvenir environmental bag to pack your belongings in for the sailing trip. They ask that you only take these bags on board with you as luggage. Ensure you pack clothes, a hat, swim-wear, beach towel, shower towel, sunscreen 30+, warm pullover for the evenings (seasonal) and cash for onboard purchases. Please note this vessel has cash only.
Kiana is fully licensed vessel, so all alcohol is to be purchased from the licensed bar on board - NO BYO allowed on board.
Excess luggage can be stored at several places in town including most boat check-in offices, a 24-hour locker shop on The Esplanade, most hostels, or at your accommodation. Most charge between $5-10pp for the duration of your trip.
- Drinking water
- Wetsuit hire
- Snorkelling equipment
- All Marine Park fees
- One FREE Scuba Dive
PLEASE NOTE: You are provided with a soft carry on bag for your trip, however, guests are able to bring their own soft bag without zippers. The vessel will not allow guests to bring their luggage on board.
- Any alcohol you wish to purchase on board (Beer $5, Wine $6, Champagne $25, bottled water or soft drinks $3). Please note these prices are subject to change and are a guide only
- All passengers must be able to clearly understand safety directions and instructions given in English by the crew and be able to complete the required safety forms in English
- All passengers must acknowledge that they are able to swim in deep water without a flotation device unassisted for 1 minute
- All passengers must be able to climb a 1.5 metre high ladder unassisted
- Scuba diving is an additional cost after first FREE dive - all diving can be decided on and paid for on board. Please note dives are subject to age, weather, other conditions and the dive instructors discretion. High quality above and underwater photo DVD available for $35 each.
Kiana dive prices:
- 1st dive is FREE
- 2nd dive is $80
- 3rd dive is $70
- 4th dive is $50
Your safety in the water is our primary concern. To ensure your comfort and safety divers must be 18 years or over (if 12 years or older may be able to dive with parents consent) and they may require that you have a Divers Medical Certificate for certain medical conditions and also if you are over 45 years old and not certified for diving.
Please read the following questions carefully:
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of asthma, emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioural health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
If any of these conditions apply to you, you will require a Divers Medical Certificate before you can scuba dive.
A Divers Medical Certificate can be obtained from:
Whitsunday Doctors Service
257 Shute Harbour Rd (Opposite xBase)
Ph: 07 4946 6241
Terms and Conditions
Scuba diving is optional and dive fees are payable onboard (age and medical status dependent). To enable us to meet our duty of care and establish an acceptable level of risk, EACH passenger must have a clear understanding of safety directions and instructions given in English by the crew and be able to complete the required safety forms in English. A passenger is only able to participate in water activities if they have a level of swimming experience. If a passenger is unable to swim they will still be able to participate in the sailing trip, but will not but able to participate in water activities such as snorkelling. In order to meet our minimum safety standards, passengers must be able to exit the vessel unassisted in the unlikely case of an emergency.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to the actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
Please note that in the unlikely event of your trip being cancelled or stood down, all guest communication is required to go through our Online Store via telephone or email. While there is a Sailing Whitsundays retail outlet located Airlie Beach, please be aware that they operate as a separate entity and are unable to access reservations made by the Mr Travel online department.
Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip. Also please note that you need to allow time prior to the boats' departure to check in, please ask us for more details
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of the total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 30 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the sailing holiday. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.