For the social crowd looking to experience some fast and exciting sailing!
- Siska is one of the most comfortable maxi yachts in the Whitsundays with a rich racing history!
- See what it feels like to reach maximum speeds as you glide around the islands, heeling over to the power of the wind!
- Experience a fun social tour at sea with great company and fun crew members
- Perfect if you only have one night to spare in the Whitsundays or are running on a tight budget!
There is never a dull moment on board Siska! For 2 days and 1 night, your crew will ensure you make it to all the hot spots of the Whitsunday Islands. Your exciting agenda includes a visit to the famous Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet Lookout, a sensational snorkel over some of the best reefs in the world and of course, an evening full of fun after your action-packed day! When you are not exploring the islands, take advantage of the spacious deck which is perfect for enjoying speedy sailing, sunbathing or relaxing!
- Authentic sailing with an amazing itinerary
- Fun and exciting social tour - very popular tour for 18-35's!
- Get hands-on and learn to sail, or relax on the deck
- 77ft long with a spacious deck and roll out shade awning
- Quality time at Hill Inlet Lookout and Whitehaven Beach
- Snorkelling gear and instruction provided
- All meals are prepared on board by your friendly crew
- BYO Alcohol
- Check out Siska's sister vessel Hammer for more departure dates
Siska has ample head room throughout the yacht, perfect for our taller guests, with plenty of space for all of her passengers. The 2 dining tables provide plenty of space for guests to enjoy meals together and create a great social atmosphere that is great for making new friends and hanging out on board. The saloon area also doubles as a comfortable sitting area. Up on deck, there is ample space for you to relax as well as a boom awning for shade when anchored. Siska carries just 24 guests with a combination of single and double bunks, making it an ideal trip for all types of travellers.
When you only have 2 days to see all of the Whitsundays, speed matters! Siska will ensure that no time is wasted as you sail at true racing speeds from one incredible destination to the next.
Siska's racing history is legendary! She came second in the Fastnet Race having sailed the last 300 miles with a broken boom. Siska won the Parmelia Race from England to Perth, which celebrated the 150th anniversary of the foundation of Western Australia. It is estimated that Siska has sailed around 140,000 nautical miles from its launch until arrival to the Whitsunday Islands in December 1992. During this time, Siska won two Sydney to Hobart Yacht Races along with circumnavigating the world twice.
HRH Prince Charles crewed on Siska when she set the fastest time defeating world champion Kioloa, and was first overall at Cowes in the Queen Victoria Cup against 329 other entries. Your crew will enjoy sharing many a tall tale with you, detailing Siska's amazing history.
Siska has a myriad of winches and sailing gear that allow her to sail at top speeds. Guests can encouraged to assist on board, including hoisting and trimming sails, or taking the helm, but are also welcome to sit back and watch as the crew as you make your way around the islands!
Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet lookout
Journey to the North Eastern side of Whitsunday Island to Whitehaven Beach. Whitehaven Beach is a massive 7kms in length and had the purest silica sand in the world, making it soft, cool and one of the most unique places in the world. While on Whitsunday Island, take a guided bush walk up to the ever-talked-about Hill Inlet Lookout to see the stunning swirling sands below that are not found anywhere else in the world. Don't forget to bring your camera as this will be a view you will want to capture forever!
Not only will get you get to experience snorkelling in the aqua blue waters of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, but you will also get a first-hand viewing of the amazing marine life and coral species. The most renowned snorkel locations are at the Northern end of the Whitsunday Islands, typically around Hook Island and Hayman Island. The experienced crew on Siska will determine the best snorkel locations based on the current weather and tidal conditions to deliver you the best underwater experience possible!
Breakfast: Continental style
Morning tea: Fruit cake, tea and coffee
Lunch: Quiches, breads, pasta and green tossed salads, served with fruit
Sunset snacks: Nachos, cheese, dips and crackers
Dinner: Succulent chicken breast cooked on the BBQ, served with rice, salad and breads
Dessert: Fruit and custard
*Please note that this is a sample of menu and is subject to change. Most special diets can be catered for upon request, please advise us of any dietary requirements at the time of booking.
Siska is also available for Private Charter.
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR LIVE CHAT US NOW!
Add to your Whitsundays experience... Combine multiple tours to unlock exclusive discounts!
Featured Add-on's for Siska:
What To Bring
Please bring only a small soft bag with: change of clothes, hat, swim-wear, beach towel, sunscreen 30+, warm pullover for the evenings (seasonal). You will also need to bring your own alcoholic beverages, available for purchase in town. No glass bottles please.
Excess luggage can be stored at several places in town including most boat check-in offices, a 24 hour locker shop on The Esplanade, most hostels, or at your accommodation. Most charge between $5-10pp for the duration of your trip.
- Drinking water
- Wetsuit hire
- Snorkelling equipment
- All Marine Park Fees
- Wet weather jackets if needed
BYO alcohol (no glass). Soft drinks available for purchase on board.
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of asthma, emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioural health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
Terms and Conditions
*A $20 per night (per person) Public Holiday Surcharge is applicable to tours departing on the 24th, 25th and 26th of December 2019. New Years surcharges may also apply, please enquire at the time of booking.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. The Operator also reserves the right to alter the tour or the itinerary of any of it's tours and organise alternative carriers to those advertised if necessary. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
This is a water-based activity, for safety reasons ALL passengers must be able to swim and speak fluent English. Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip.
Also, please note that you need to allow time prior to the boats departure to check in, please ask us for more details.
All cancellations made result in 25% cancellation fee of the recommended retail price (RRP), not discounted or sale prices. Any cancellations made 60-30 days prior to travel will result in a 50% cancellation fee and any cancellations made inside of 30 days to departure will result in forfeit of full trip fees. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Good all round, except banging music a distraction. "