For the social crowd looking to experience some fast and exciting sailing!
- Siska is one of the most comfortable maxi yachts in the Whitsundays with a rich racing history!
- See what it feels like to reach maximum speeds as you glide around the islands, heeling over to the power of the wind!
- Experience a fun social tour at sea with great company and fun crew members!
There is never a dull moment on board Siska! Your exciting agenda allows for a visit to the famous Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet Lookout, a sensational snorkel over some of the best reefs in the world and of course, an evening full of fun after your action-packed day!
- Flexible itinerary
- Authentic sailing experience
- Spacious deck and roll out shade awning
- Snorkelling gear and instruction
- Opportunity to learn the ropes
- Fresh and delicious meals
- BYO Alcohol
When you are not exploring the islands, take advantage of the spacious deck which is perfect for enjoying speedy sailing, sunbathing or relaxing!
Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet lookout
Journey to the North Eastern side of Whitsunday Island to Whitehaven Beach. Whitehaven Beach is a massive 7kms in length and had the purest silica sand in the world, making it soft, cool and one of the most unique places in the world. While on Whitsunday Island, take a guided bush walk up to the ever-talked-about Hill Inlet Lookout to see the stunning swirling sands below that are not found anywhere else in the world. Don't forget to bring your camera as this will be a view you will want to capture forever!
Not only will get you get to experience snorkelling in the aqua blue waters of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, but you will also get a first-hand viewing of the amazing marine life and coral species. The most renowned snorkel locations are at the Northern end of the Whitsunday Islands, typically around Hook Island and Hayman Island. The experienced crew on Siska will determine the best snorkel locations based on the current weather and tidal conditions to deliver you the best underwater experience possible!
Siska's racing history is legendary! She came second in the Fastnet Race having sailed the last 300 miles with a broken boom. Siska won the Parmelia Race from England to Perth, which celebrated the 150th anniversary of the foundation of Western Australia. It is estimated that Siska has sailed around 140,000 nautical miles from its launch until arrival to the Whitsunday Islands in December 1992. During this time, Siska won two Sydney to Hobart Yacht Races along with circumnavigating the world twice.
HRH Prince Charles crewed on Siska when she set the fastest time defeating world champion Kioloa, and was first overall at Cowes in the Queen Victoria Cup against 329 other entries. Your crew will enjoy sharing many a tall tale with you, detailing Siska's amazing history. Siska has a myriad of winches and sailing gear that allow her to sail at top speeds. Guests can encouraged to assist on board, including hoisting and trimming sails, or taking the helm, but are also welcome to sit back and watch as the crew as you make your way around the islands!
*Private Charter itineraries are flexible. You can work with your crew to plan out your perfect holiday on board Siska!
All accommodation is open-planned with shared amenities.
- Shared Single: Single bed (sleeps one person), usually a bunk bed.
- Shared Double: Double bed (sleeps two persons), usually with a single bunk on top.
What To Bring
Please bring only a small soft bag with: change of clothes, hat, swim-wear, beach towel, sunscreen 30+, warm pullover for the evenings (seasonal). You will also need to bring your own alcoholic beverages, available for purchase in town. No glass bottles please.
Excess luggage can be stored at several places in town including most boat check-in offices, a 24 hour locker shop on The Esplanade, most hostels, or at your accommodation. Most charge between $5-10pp for the duration of your trip.
- Drinking water
- Wetsuit hire
- Snorkelling equipment
- Marine Park fees
- Wet weather jackets if needed
BYO alcohol (no glass). Soft drinks available for purchase on board.
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of asthma, emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioural health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
Terms and Conditions
Also, please note that you need to allow time prior to the boats departure to check in, please ask us for more details.
All client cancellations forfeit up the non refundable deposit and all client cancellations made less than 2 months prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the sailing holiday. Please note if the balance is not paid on time the booking is cancelled and deposit you have paid forfeited. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers traveling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.