Enjoy a boat trip to yourselves, while you sail around the Whitsundays in comfort on Prima!
- Intimate, small-group sailing takes a maximum of 12 guests
- Snorkel the breathtaking fringing Great Barrier Reef
- Private and shared accommodation available, perfect for all types of groups
- Custom trip itinerary tailored for your group's needs
- Visit the world famous Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet Lookout
- Authentic sailing on a 47' Sloop
Prima is an authentic 47 Woodward designed charter yacht, superb for chartering the calm waters of the beautiful Whitsunday Islands. Taking out a maximum of 12 passengers and 2 crew, Prima guarantees a relaxing atmosphere that will enhance your tropical escape on this private charter. She offers accommodation featuring three private double cabins with en-suites, a shared double and two single bunks. Enjoy all the glory that the Whitsunday Islands have to offer on this fantastic private charter sailing trip.
Highlights & Features:
- Beautiful and comfortable interior
- A social and personalised experience
- Visit Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet Lookout
- Numerous pristine snorkel sites around the islands
- Delicious meals prepared fresh onboard
- Fresh linen and bath towel supplied
- Authentic, intimate sailing at its finest
- BYO alcohol
- Takes children ages 4+
With value for money, no crowds and an exciting itinerary, a private charter on Prima continues to be a popular choice for groups of friends and families!
Whitehaven Beach is without a doubt, one of the most sought after locations in Australia. The iconic swirling sands of Hill Inlet create a beautiful backdrop for photos, and the crystal clear turquoise waters lap over 7km of pure white silica sand. However you choose to spend your time here, we can promise you it will become one of your fondest memories while in the Whitsundays.
Walk up to Hill Inlet Lookout for some of the greatest views in the Whitsundays and witness the famous swirling sands of Hill Inlet from above. The swirling sands below are created by the ever-changing currents and tides, meaning no two visits will ever be the same.
Learn what it means to furl the sail, hoist the main, and steer upwind on this 47 Woodward designed charter yacht! Or, simply kick back and take it easy... the choice is yours!
Swim and snorkel over the beautiful coral gardens among the teeming schools of colourful fish and revel in the beauty and diversity of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
Tap the hotspots on the floor plan below to view Prima.
- Shared Single: Single bed (sleeps one person), usually a bunk bed.
- Shared Double: Double bed (sleeps two persons), usually in the saloon area.
- Private Double Cabin: One double bed in a private cabin with shared amenities.
- Private Double Ensuite Cabin: One double bed in a private cabin with private bathroom.
*Private Cabins are made private by curtains, not by walls/doors.
What To Bring
Please only bring a small soft overnight bag without any zippers (ie. a re-usable shopping). A zipless souvenir bag can be purchased at the boat's check-in office for a few dollars. Ensure you pack clothes, a hat, swim-wear, beach towel, sunscreen 30+, and a warm pullover for the evenings (seasonal). You will also need to bring your own alcoholic beverages, available for purchase in town. There is no glass allowed, however wine bottles are accepted.
Excess luggage can be stored at several places in town including most boat check-in offices, a 24 hour locker shop on The Esplanade, most hostels, or at your accommodation. Most charge between $5-10pp for the duration of your trip.
- Drinking water
- Snorkelling equipment
- All Marine Park fees
- BYO Soft drinks and alcohol - no glass, however wine bottles are accepted.
- Peak holiday seasons (i.e. Christmas, Easter, New Years) may incur a surcharge. Please enquire at the time of booking.
- As of 01 July 2020: EMC Fee's will be applicable ($16 per person for a 2D/1N Charter, $23 per person for a 2D/2N Charter, $25 per person for a 3D/3N Charter - longer charters please enquire) - payable direct at check-in.
Terms and Conditions
Please note, at time of booking we require a deposit with the remaining balance due 2 months prior.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
Please note that in the unlikely event of your trip being cancelled or stood down, all guest communication is required to go through our Online Store via telephone or email. While there is a Sailing Whitsundays retail outlet located Airlie Beach, please be aware that they operate as a separate entity and are unable to access reservations made by the Mr Travel online department.
Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
This is a water-based activity, for safety reasons ALL passengers must be able to swim and speak fluent English. Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip.
Also, please note that you need to allow time prior to the boats departure to check in, please ask us for more details.
All client cancellations forfeit up the non refundable deposit and all client cancellations made less than 2 months prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the sailing holiday. Please note if the balance is not paid on time the booking is cancelled and deposit you have paid forfeited. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers traveling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.