This package offers a truly unique experience, from an adventurous day on Whitehaven Beach, to a magnificent journey in the sky over the Whitsunday Islands!
- Discover the magic awaiting you at island paradise with the full-day Whitehaven Beach Club
- Fly amongst the clouds on a Scenic helicopter ride over Whitehaven Beach & Hill Inlet!
- Depart and land from Whitehaven Beach to maximise your time for beachside relaxation, swimming and exploring.
- Let us take care of everything, from beachside fun to a smooth ride on an unforgettable day in the Whitsunday Islands!
The GSL: Fly & Cruise - Helicopter Package provides a day like no other, cruising to the infamous Whitehaven Beach, then taking off in an exciting helicopter ride over the spectacular Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet with unforgettable views! Leaving from Airlie Beach, your journey begins through the turquoise waters of the Whitsundays, landing at your destination. With up to 4 hours at Whitehaven Beach, you'll have plenty of time to explore the bushwalks or relax in the pristine silica sands, before enjoying a delicious buffet lunch served by your friendly crew. Have a play on the paddle-boards, or join in a friendly game of volleyball! Get ready to soar through the skies on your thrilling helicopter ride with guaranteed window seats, that will take off and land right from the beach. The day is yours to enjoy the magical Whitsundays as you dreamed!
- Helicopter ride with a spectacular view of Whitehaven Beach & Hill Inlet
- Inclusive catamaran boat tour around the Whitsunday Islands
- Ample time to enjoy South Whitehaven Beach
- Complimentary use of SUP boards and beach activities
- Scrumptious buffet style lunch served by your friendly crew
- Smooth cruising through the Whitsunday Islands
- Courtesy bus transfers from your Airlie Beach accommodation
- Flexible itinerary add-on options
Highlights & Features:
- Experience the Whitsundays from sea & air
- Spend time exploring South Whitehaven Beach
- Complimentary use of SUP Boards, beach games, beach umbrellas
- Delicious smorgasbord lunch served on the beach
- Self-guided walk to South Whitehaven Lookout for magical views
- Choose to add optional extras including a snorkelling tour, Hill Inlet bushwalk, or a Seaplane flight over the Great Barrier Reef
- Stable, sleek and speedy catamaran
- Friendly, local crews
Snorkelling - $29pp
- Visit nearby Haselwood Island and dive into surrounding fringing reefs!
- Snorkel equipment, stinger suits and briefing is provided.
- Perfect for families, couples and friends who want to explore the Great Barrier Reef.
- Get up close to incredible marine life with a chance to see turtles, rays, an array of fish and more!
Hill Inlet Lookout Bushwalk - $29pp
- Travel by boat to Tongue Bay where you will reach the North end of Whitehaven.
- Embark on a short, native bushwalk up to the famous Hill Inlet Lookout point.
- Let our knowledgeable tour guide illuminate the history of this natural oasis.
- Experience the spectacular views over this natural treasure and swirling silica sands.
- Have your cameras ready for this amazing photo opportunity!
- Weight restrictions apply for helicopters of 200kg per person.
- Infants 6 months-2 years will sit on the lap of an adult during flight (tour not permitted for infants under 6 months).
- No BYO, Alcohol will be available for purchase at Whitehaven Beach.
- The boat departs from Rufus & Co Café located at the Port of Airlie Marina at 9:00 am.
- No hard eskies, but you can bring cooler bags or backpacks. Bags will be required to sit on lap or between guests' legs.
Whitehaven Beach Club
Start your day departing the Port of Airlie Marina and travel onboard the fast and modern catamaran vessel to South Whitehaven Beach. You will cruise through the glassy Whitsunday waters with speed and stability, as you arrive at Whitehaven Beach in the blink of an eye! Don't be afraid to let your jaw drop as you witness the bright white sands of Whitehaven Beach... it really is a dream! These incredibly soft, pure silica sands are something of a geological wonder, and they provide the perfect setting to unwind in heaven! Whether you want to relax by the water, take a cool dip or adventure to Hill Inlet Lookout (optional add-on), the Whitehaven is your oyster as you spend ample time relaxing. Depart from the shores of Whitehaven for your scenic helicopter tour, and return for a delicious, fresh & local smorgasbord lunch... beachside.
GSL Scenic Helicopter Flight
Your helicopter flight will take off and return right to Whitehaven Beach, so get ready to soar! Enjoy scenic views of the Whitsundays including Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet Lookout as you discover the wonders of the Whitsundays from a whole new angle. As you look down at the palette of rich blues, turquoises and vibrant reefs, we don't blame you if you have to pinch yourself! Enjoy in-flight commentary as your experienced pilot takes you through some of the most glorious, scenic routes in Australia. Return with starry eyes and a sense of wonder as you soak up the incredible pure-white sands for an afternoon on Whitehaven Beach.
Boating Time: Depart at 9.00am|Return around 4:30pm
*Please note, this is a sample itinerary and may be subject to change.
What To Bring
- Swimwear, towel, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, camera and cash for onboard purchases.
- Scenic Flight over the Whitsunday Islands
- Whitehaven Beach Club Tour
- Ample time in the Whitsunday Islands
- SUP, beach activities and a day of fun!
- Buffet style lunch served on the beach
- Courtesy bus transfers from your Airlie accommodation
- Snacks and soft drinks are available to purchase onboard
- Optional extras including Hill Inlet Bushwalk and snorkel tour
Terms and Conditions
Weight restrictions apply - 200kg max per passenger.
Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip.
You must reconfirm all booked tours prior to travel as specified on your voucher. If applicable, notes such as dietary requirements, pick-up locations and additional fees should also be confirmed at this time. Reconfirmations cannot be actioned through Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel, and must be done so directly through the Service Operator as specified on each ticket.
It is your responsibility to notify us of ticket discrepancies. Please read through the details on your voucher thoroughly to ensure all details such as passenger names, ages and dates of travel on vouchers are correct.
It is the responsibility of all passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and check-in agent before boarding of any medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
You need to allow adequate time to check-in prior to the specified departure time.
All prices are stated in Australian dollars and include GST. Surcharges over peak holiday seasons may apply.
The Service Operator reserves the right to alter prices and extra costs. Extra costs may include EMC fees, Stingersuit/Wetsuit Hire, Luggage Storage, Insurance, Linen Hire, National Park Fees, Fuel Levies, Dietary Fees, etc. Bonds may also apply.
We will also endeavour to communicate these extra costs with you at the time of booking, and on your ticket. However, it is your responsibility to confirm which (if any) additional costs apply with each Service Operator upon reconfirming your trip.
It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to the actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We highly recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. You should also ensure your travel insurance will cover special circumstances including weather events preventing guests from travelling to their tour departure destination and cancelled flights due to unforeseen circumstances.
The Service Operator reserves the right to limit courtesy transfers to select local accommodations. Private residences or Airbnb properties may be asked to meet at the closest confirmed location. Failure to meet at the specified pick-up location may be treated as “No Show”, for which the Client Cancellation Policy applies.
The Service Operator reserves the right to limit courtesy transfers to select local accommodations and/or Airlie HQ. Failure to meet at the specified pick-up location may be treated as “No Show”, for which the Client Cancellation Policy applies.
Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
Terms and Conditions (including the Cancellation Policy) are subject to change. The most recent versions can be found online on the relevant product pages.
All ticket/voucher reissues attract a $20 administration fee.
Open Date Vouchers / Gift Certificate:
Shipping Costs are in addition to the ticket price and will be added at check-out. Shipping costs are non-refundable and do not makeup part of the ticket value.
E-Vouchers incur no shipping fees.
You have 5 years to use the value of the voucher. Seasonal Price Rises will apply if travelling outside the current seasons pricing. Vouchers can be exchanged for free up to the full value of the voucher excluding credit card fees and charges.
No shows or client cancellations made within 24 hours of departure forfeit 100% of the total ticket price.
Sailing Whitsundays are required to notify the operator of any cancellations within the specified cancellation period (24 hours). It is your responsibility to make sure you submit your cancellation request with adequate time, and during standard business hours (9am-5pm), to allow us to contact the tour provider.
Transfers between tours can be made at the suppliers discretion, however, it should be noted that supplier fees may apply. Tour transfers also incur a $20 administration fee.
It is compulsory that all cancellation requests are in writing and sent via email to email@example.com. Cancellations attempted via online chat or phone will not be actioned.
The Service Operator reserves the right to alter prices, alter itineraries, apply a fuel surcharge, cancel departures, arrange alternative transport and vary itineraries and services if necessary. All flights are operated at the discretion of GSL Whitsundays, and are subject to weather conditions, air traffic control and other influences outside of our control.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Service Operator. If the Service Operator has to cancel the trip or activity (prior to departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus a 20% administration fee and any associated card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
In the unlikely event of your trip being cancelled or stood down, all guest communication is required to go through our Online Store via telephone or email. While there is a Sailing Whitsundays retail outlet located Airlie Beach, please be aware that they operate as a separate entity and are unable to access reservations made by the Mr Travel online department.
All refunds are in Australian Dollars and must be made to the card of payment. Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel is not liable for exchange rate fluctuations or fees, or any other merchant/bank fees associated with domestic and/or international transactions.
Where a full refund is applicable, there is the option to transfer the whole cost of the tour to another tour or “Credit” to avoid the administration fee. A transfer fee of $20 will apply.
You will be emailed confirmation once the refund has been processed. Once the refund has been processed, it may still take time for the banks to clear the amount. Please allow 7-10 business days for the funds to clear into Australian accounts and up to 21 business days for international accounts.
All Service Operators have the right to provide client feedback and to cancel bookings based off of feedback from other Service Operators.
Please enjoy your travel experience in a kind and responsible manner.
Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel will treat this as any normal client cancellation and therefore the cancellation fees stated in the Client Cancellation Policy will apply.
Thank you for booking with our East-Coast travel experts here at Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any further advice, assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours please get in touch.