Learn to sail in paradise and walk away with real sailing experience!
- Learn yacht training safety, regulations and manoeuvres
- Enjoy adventure and discovery for 2 days and nights!
- Visit top Whitsunday locations such as Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet Lookout and more!
- Walk away knowing the ins and outs of sailing!
- Learn in one of the best sailing locations in the world
The Introduction to Sailing Course enables students to build their confidence and knowledge of yachts, learning both theory and practical, with hands on experience to master their new found sailing abilities. With small groups and a limited number of 14 students, the primary focus is on learning to sail. Beginners will actively partake in operating the vessel, receiving the best instruction and plenty of time to put into practice what has been learned. These sail training courses provide recreational and commercial qualifications which meet the National standards for commercial vessels (NSCV). The Introduction to Sailing Course will take place on board Eureka II, which is undoubtedly leading the way for modern sailing! Enjoy the thrill of fast sailing around the Whitsunday Islands during the day, and later retreat to the comfortable and beautifully appointed interior below. The trendy finish will truly leave you feeling like you are living the life of the rich and famous!
The Introduction to Sailing Course covers:
- Introduction to use and location of life jackets, flares, Life raft, first aid kit, fire extinguishers, safety harness
- Location and use of: heads, bilge pumps, water pumps, cooker and propane gas, battery selector switch, cabin lights, general housekeeping rules
- Suitable clothing/footwear, effects of heat and cold
- Seasickness & what to do & not do aboard a yacht
- Learn about sails and handling the sails in the Whitsundays
- Passage Briefing
- Briefing about passage, to include chart, effect of tides/currents, weather forecasts, courses, safe passage. Look out and things to watch for, Keeping track of progress
- Sailing Rope Work
- Coiling a line, Securing lines to a cleat, Learn to tie the following knots - round turn & two half hitches, clove hitch, figure of eight stopper knot
- Safe use of winches
- Handling sails and halyards
- Hoisting and lowering sails. Winches, boom and associated dangers.
- Understands the commands for tacking and gybing.
- Slipping and coming alongside, Anchor, MOB
- Securing for sea, lookout duties,
- Steering and general duties.
The Introduction to Sailing course is great for beginners who have an interest in yachts and want to develop this further. For those interested in taking their introduction to Sailing a little further, check out the 5 day/4 night Commerical Crew Certificate for a more in depth course and sailing experience.
Tap the hotspots on the floor plan below to view Eureka II.
- Private Double Cabin - Double bed in private cabin, requiring 2 people
- Shared Accom - Double and single beds in shared/open plan area
Guests on board Eureka II will get to enjoy a stop at the ever-so stunning Whitehaven Beach. Famous for its pure silica sands and seemingly endless shoreline, Whitehaven Beach has been voted one of the best beaches in Australia. It is located on the largest island of the 74 Whitsunday Islands, providing a perfect beach escape.
Hill Inlet Lookout
A short bushwalk in land will lead you to the equally famous Hill Inlet Lookout, which will give you unparalleled views of the beach below and the swirling sands of Hill Inlet. The swirling sands below are created through the ever-changing tides that leave behind a kaleidoscope of blue and white. Capture this moment in a photo and in memory while on board Eureka II.
The crew on board Eureka II will take you to all the hot spots in the area and provide you with all the necessary gear and tuition if you need it. Below the waterline the Whitsundays offers an array of colourful corals and amazing marine mammals and fish. The waters are a pristine blue and a beautiful temperature year round. Because of the low passenger numbers this vessel can get to locations that are more remote and off the beaten track so your guaranteed a unique experience without the crowds.
HEADING SOUTH TO FRASER ISLAND?
Package your Whitsundays and Fraser Island tours together and start saving $$! Talk to an East Coast specialist today.
CALL 1800 550 751 OR LIVE CHAT US NOW!
What To Bring
Please pack only a small soft bag (zipless bags only please) with: change of clothes for 3 days including t-shirts, sweatshirt/jacket (for colder months) hat, swimwear, beach towel, sunscreen 30+.
You will also need to bring your own alcoholic beverages, strictly no glass please
Large suitcases/backpacks cannot be taken on board, please store these in Airlie Beach. Storage available locally from $5-10pp for the duration of your trip.
3 days/2 nights on board Eureka III including all Meals, linen, snorkeling equipment, all course notes, tuition and Introduction to Sailing certificate.
Bring your own alcohol, any additional snacks/drinks.
Excess luggage can be stored at several places in town for about $5-10 pp for whole trip.
Terms and Conditions
The sailing company reserves the right to change routes, itineraries or vessels at any time without notice. All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure sailing includes risks. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we can not be held responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings or not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
Please note that in the unlikely event of your trip being cancelled or stood down, all guest communication is required to go through our Online Store via telephone or email. While there is a Sailing Whitsundays retail outlet located Airlie Beach, please be aware that they operate as a separate entity and are unable to access reservations made by the Mr Travel online department.
Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non refundable 1.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases
All cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price. All client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the sailing holiday. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance especailly during the wet season.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel if you need any advice or assistance making arrangements for your accommodation or transfer please do not hesitate to ask
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers traveling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.