Where to park in the Whitsundays
Airlie Beach Parking Tips
For those who are driving to the Whitsundays and have booked a day or overnight trip, parking in Airlie Beach is something which needs to be considered, whether you are travelling in a car, 4 wheel drive or RV van.
Some accommodation places do have parking however most travellers do not organise a room for the period of time that are on their trip, or those who are moving around in a campervan and are sleeping in their vehicle. There is free parking in the region which is often patrolled, as well as a handful of paid parking areas, conveniently located near the Airlie Beach Main Street and in the Airlie Beach area. Other areas may be located at the shopping centres and accommodation houses.
A Few Paid Parking Options:
- Abell Point Marina, paid parking
- Port of Airlie, paid parking
- Nomads Backpackers, you do not need to be a guest, paid parking
- X Base Backpackers, you do not need to be a guest, paid parking
- Shute Harbour Parking and Storage, undercover paid parking
- Woolworths Airlie Beach, semi-undercover paid parking
- Various Whitsunday Regional Council paid parking sites: Lagoon and Sailing Club
- Colonial Courts on Airlie Beach Main Street, you do not need to be a guest, paid parking