ILLUSIONS IS CURRENTLY UNDERGOING MAINTENANCE AND WILL BE RUNNING 20 OCTOBER 2017
Illusions takes you to some of the best snorkelling and diving locations in the Whitsundays
Illusions will take you to some of the best snorkelling and diving sights in this magical destination, all in 1 day.
Illusions is an older style, comfortable 12 metre catamaran sailing daily from Abell Point Marina to the beautiful fringing reefs of Blue Pearl Bay, near Hayman Island, and to Langford Reef. Its a lovely relaxing cruise taking a maximum of 20 passengers with plenty of deck space for sun bathing or spotting wildlife. There is also undercover areas for protection from the elements and a licensed bar on board.
- 20 passengers
- 2 island cruise!
- Delicious lunch included
- Sail around the Whitsundays!
- Option to purchase scuba dives
- Exciting day trip in the Whitsundays!
Cruise, snorkel, scuba dive or simply relax and enjoy the scenery. Including lunch, snorkelling gear and with the options to purchase scuba dives is a great choice for those just wanting a dive trip.
Introductory Dive - even if you havent dived before, try your first dive with our qualified diving instructor, subject to a diving medical questionnaire taken on board.
Certified Dive - Our instructor will show you the best diving sites in the Whitsundays
Certified Divers: Can normally do up to 2 dives and 1st $70 and 2nd $50
Introductory Divers: Can do 1 dive and it is $75
All dive gear and instructor is provided.
Blue Pearl Bay
Blue Pearl Bay is on Hayman Island, in the northern part of the magnificent Whitsunday Islands on Queenslands Central Coast. Sail and relax with Illusions as we leave Abell Point Marina at Airlie Beach and cross the Whitsunday Passage to Hayman Island.
Watching and being part of the fish feeding at Blue Pearl Bay is an absolute highlight of any trip to the Whitsundays. You will be surrounded by hundreds of fish ranging in size from the smaller Sergeant Majors and brilliantly coloured Fusiliers right up to our own metre long Giant Wrasse, called Priscilla!
Whether you choose to snorkel (free tuition is provided for those experiencing this for the first time) or take an introductory or certified scuba dive with our own qualified instructor, you will be delighted at the range and diversity of the coral at Blue Pearl. As is typical of fringing reefs, the range of coral is extensive, with all sorts of hard and soft corals waiting for you to explore their fragile beauty.
For those not wanting or unable to venture into the water, Illusions is equipped with Bathyscopes that allow you to see the coral and fish life from above water as we float over the bay in our dinghy. Everyone that goes out on Illusions gets to see the fish and coral.
Then it is time to get into the boom net, Illusions own version of a saltwater spa
Langford Island beach is actually a sand spit that stretches from Langford Island at the western side to One Foot Island to the east. It is called One Foot Island because at high tide that is about all the sand that you can see--the rest may be completely underwater.
You are free to snorkel or dive again or walk along this pretty beach, with views across to Hayman, Black (Bali Hai), Arkhurst, Bird and Hook Islands and to Stonehaven.
A great place to spot turtles and rays.
Then it is time to head back on board for the return trip to Airlie Beach, while enjoying a magnificent buffet lunch.
You May Also Like One Of These Products:
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
What To Bring
Sunscreen, towel, hat, cash or credit card for extra purchases on board.
Skipper, crew, lunch, snorkelling equipment, courtesy pick up and drop off and all Marine Park fees.
- Just need $6 pp for wet/stinger suit hire if snorkelling, if scuba diving it is included in the dive cost.
- Underwater cameras, chocolate bars, alcohol, stubbie holders, t-shirts and caps.
- All alcohol is to be purchased from the licensed bar on board - NO BYO alcohol allowed on board.
- Scuba diving is also an additional cost - all diving can be decided on and paid for on board. Your safety in the water is our primary concern. To ensure your comfort and safety divers must be 18 years or over and they may require that you have a Divers Medical Certificate for certain medical conditions.
Please read the following questions carefully: If any of these conditions apply to you, you will require a Divers Medical Certificate before you can scuba dive.
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of asthma, emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioral health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
A Divers Medical Certificate can be obtained from:
Whitsunday Doctors Service
257 Shute Harbour Rd (Opposite xBase)
Ph: 07 4946 6241
Terms and Conditions
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip. Also please note that you need to allow time prior to the boats departure to check in, please ask us for more details
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the sailing holiday. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers traveling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.