See crocodiles in the wild in the Whitsundays!
- The only wild crocodile tour in the Whitsundays
- Full-day of nature exploration
- Venture into the estuaries and wetlands of the Whitsundays
- See giant saltwater crocodiles up close - a unique Whitsundays experience
- Also get to see native birds, mammals, reptiles and marine animals, including up to 150 estuarine crocodiles
Whitsunday Crocodile Safari holds advanced Eco-certification through Eco-tourism Australia and has been operating since 2000. The safari departs from Airlie Beach in the morning and travels to the Proserpine River, where you will spend your day croc spotting! Our small group numbers (maximum 31) ensure personal contact with our experienced guides. The sound of nature is our background noise and you will feel like you are miles away from civilization, deep in the Australian bush. Cruise quietly along the Proserpine River and enjoy a wagon ride through the Goorganga Plains and experience the mangrove habitat of many species of flora and fauna, including the estuarine Saltwater crocodile. Enjoy a bushman's billy tea and damper on your return to top off this awesome Aussie experience.
- An all-weather nature excursion that is both a safe and fun way to see saltwater crocodiles in the Whitsundays
- Cruise the Proserpine River and spot the crocodiles in their natural environment!
- Small group numbers
- See other amazing animals including birds, fish, marsupials and crustaceans
- Venture to Goorganga Plains on an open-air, elevated wagon train tour
- Aussie BBQ lunch
- Traditional bushman's damper and tea
- Covered campsite including picnic tables and chairs, cold refreshments, toilet
- Comprehensive commentary
- Courtesy pick up
Spend your day enjoying the wildlife of the Proserpine River and Goorganga Plains. Start with a calm-water cruise on the Proserpine River, where you will get to see the natural home of the amazing saltwater crocodile. The Proserpine River is home to the highest density of saltwater (estuarine) crocodile per kilometre in Queensland, as well as many other residents of the mangrove habitat, giving you a great chance to see these animals up close!
After your cruise and time spent spotting crocodiles, you'll get to enjoy a BBQ lunch as you take in your beautiful surrounds before departing for the part of your journey!
Next, you'll join an open-air elevated wagon train tour through the Goorganga Plains, discovering wetlands, natural waterholes, and pastures to witness all the plants and animals that live in this beautiful region. You will feel immersed into nature as you take in all the sights and sounds, before stopping for a traditional Billy Tea and damper.
Lunch: Beef fillet steak, gluten-free sausages, barramundi fish fillet, chicken breast fillet, BBQ onions, rice noodle salad, potato salad, tossed garden salad, sliced tomato and cucumber, bread rolls and condiments
Dessert: Lamington cake
Afternoon tea: Billy Tea and two types of damper prepared on site, served with butter, jam, syrup, honey and Vegemite
*Vegetarian, gluten-free and other special dietary requests for meals must be requested at the time of booking.
- Crocodile sightings are not guaranteed because we operate in the crocodile's natural habitat, not in a fauna park or farm. But we offer the best chance of seeing crocodiles in the wild in Queensland because we run our cruise at the lowest point of the tide each day, which provides the best opportunity to spot crocodiles as they bask on the exposed river bank.
- Departure times and itinerary are subject to change
- Guests must be able to climb at least 25 stairs to enter and exit the wagon
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
What To Bring
- Cash for cold drinks and souvenirs
- Any type of footwear is appropriate
- Guests should wear clothing appropriate for the outdoors and the prevailing seasonal conditions
- All weather day tour with expert guides and commentary
- Cruise on Proserpine River to observe crocodiles in the wild
- Wagon-train tour on Goorganga Plains wetlands
- Courtesy return bus transfers from most accommodation houses in Airlie Beach
- Barbecue lunch
- Traditional Billy Tea & Damper (prepared on site)
- Iced drinking water
- Rain ponchos are provided as required
- Insect repellent is provided as required
- There is a toilet at the tour site
- Tour is about 6.5 hours in total
- Drinks and souvenirs
Terms and Conditions
Crocodile sightings are not gaurenteed. Destinations may vary due to weather conditions, however, our experienced crew will always visit the best locations available under the prevailing conditions ensuring every trip is a memorable one. All departures and itineraries are subject to weather and may be changed or cancelled at the discretion of the operator. It should be noted that Adventure Travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings or not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of the total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 7 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the tour. If the operator has to cancel the trip (prior to the departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given, minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel if you need any advice or assistance making arrangements for your accommodation or transfers please do not hesitate to ask