Have fun on a true legend for the sailing experience of a lifetime!
- Sail on board a true America's Cup vessel!
- Enjoy the thrill of authentic sailing around the tropical Whitsunday Islands
- Southern Cross offers a unique experience that combines relaxation and fun
- Try your hand at helping hoist the main or trim the sails or even join the captain at the helm!
Southern Cross is an exciting voyage not to be missed! Southern Cross not only offers an exciting sailing voyage, but will also take you to the best parts of the Whitsundays! Guests will get to visit Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet Lookout and remarkable reefs for an unforgettable snorkelling experience.
Highlights & Features:
- Stand-up paddle boards
- Spacious deck with large cushions
- Small group sailing on a maxi yacht
- Snorkelling at amazing reefs and bays
- Visit Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet Lookout
- Opportunity to get hands-on and learn to sail
- Meals freshly prepared on board by your crew
- Snorkel gear and instruction all included
- Authentic sailing experience
- BYO alcohol
Whitehaven Beach stretches seven kilometres in length, and is made special by its glorious white silica sand which is created through a recurring current over millions of years. The sand itself is among some of the softest in the world and is composed of broken down quartz, although it's said that the source of the sand itself is unknown.
Hill Inlet Lookout
Hill Inlet Lookout provides an amazing view of Hill Inlet and Whitehaven Beach, which are situated below. The view of the swirling sands below are never the same twice and are one of nature's masterpieces. From the lookout you can also see a great view of the surrounding tropical islands as well as the stretches of aqua-coloured oceans and white sandy beaches.
Not only will get you get to experience snorkelling in the aqua blue waters of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, but you will also get a first-hand viewing of its amazing marine life and coral species.
Stand-up Paddle Board
Whether you're experienced at stand-up paddleboarding or a newbie, there's no better place to go for a paddle than the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, surrounded by lush Whitsunday Islands.
*Private Charter itineraries are flexible. You can work with your crew to plan out your perfect holiday on board Southern Cross!
All accommodation is open-planned with shared amenities.
- Shared Single: Single bed (sleeps one person), usually a bunk bed.
- Shared Double: Double bed (sleeps two persons), usually with a single bunk on top.
What To Bring
- Sun Hat
- Jumper (if weather is cool)
- Cash for drinks
- Guests may also bring their own snacks and water
- BYO Alcohol, no glass please
- Morning Tea and Afternoon tea
- Snorkel equipment, mask, snorkel and wetsuit
- Marine and National Park Fees
- BYO alcohol (no glass). Soft drinks are available for purchase on board.
- Peak holiday periods (i.e. Christmas, Easter, New Years) may incur a surcharge. Please enquire at the time of booking.
- As of 01 July 2020: EMC Fee's will be applicable ($16 per person for a 2D/1N Charter, $23 per person for a 2D/2N Charter, $25 per person for a 3D/3N Charter - longer charters please enquire) - payable direct at check-in.
Terms and Conditions
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
Please note that in the unlikely event of your trip being cancelled or stood down, all guest communication is required to go through our Online Store via telephone or email. While there is a Sailing Whitsundays retail outlet located Airlie Beach, please be aware that they operate as a separate entity and are unable to access reservations made by the Mr Travel online department.
Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price. If the company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boats departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.