Sail through the Whitsundays for 3 days and 2 nights with all your family and friends on board Apollo!
- Enjoy authentic sailing around the Whitsundays Islands
- Free scuba dive offers to all passengers!
- Work with the crew to build the perfect itinerary for you group and have the time of your life!
- Ideal for larger groups with room for up to 26 passengers
- Longer tour for those who want extra time on the water
As a passenger on board Apollo you will get to spend 3 days exploring all the top destinations in the Whitsundays, doing all the things you want to do! Alongside your crew and best mates, you can help choose the perfect itinerary for your time in the Whitsundays. Sail at top speeds and enjoy every minute of your adventure that is perfect for any group looking for a comfortable trip on board a fun sail boat!
Apollo is a full service dive vessel with her own onboard dive crew and all necessary equipment.
Highlights & Features:
- All meals are made freshly on board by your awesome crew
- Morning tea and afternoon tea
- BYO Alcohol
- Visit the famous Whitehaven Beach
- Visit the stunning Hill Inlet Lookout
- FREE Scuba dive included
- Lots of snorkelling and plenty of time in the water
- Snorkelling gear and wetsuit hire included
- Fresh linen provided for each guest
- Longer than most trips with 3 full days at sea
- Authentic sailing boat with a trophy winning history
- Apollo is a huge Maxi yacht at 75ft long
Combine an extended 3 day tour with a free scuba dive for the ultimate sailing escape in the Whitsundays on board Apollo!
Apollo visits the iconic Whitehaven Beach, known for its 99% pure white silica sand which stretches over 7km. Wade in the shallows and search for baby lemon sharks and stingrays, take the perfect Instagram photo on the giant driftwood stump, or simply lay back and enjoy the view!
Hill Inlet Lookout
Take a guided bush walk up to the infamous Hill Inlet Lookout, where the swirling turquoise and white colours of the inlet's sand are ever-changing. Take the perfect photos from 3 lookout spots, and learn about the natural and cultural history of the land before you. A trip to Whitehaven Beach is not complete without taking in these epic views!
Snorkelling and Scuba Diving
Apollo offers guests the opportunity to scuba dive and snorkel during their private charter. With at least two stops on the itinerary, you will get to explore the beautiful reefs at length from above or below the surface! Apollo offers the first dive for free, but we are sure you will want to get back in to see more. Please note conditions apply for diving, see the 'more information' section for more details.
Apollo has won every major race held on the East Coast of Australia including Sydney to Brisbane and Brisbane to Gladstone. She's won the Sydney to Hobart Race: 1 first, 3 seconds and 2 thirds, and was the winner of the South China Sea Series. This vessel was built to sail, and sail she does! Get involved with the crew and help hoist the mainsail as you zig and zag around the tropical islands.
View the cabin layout of the vessel below:
What To Bring
Please only bring a small soft overnight bag without any zippers (ie. a re-usable shopping). Ensure you pack clothes, a hat, swim-wear, beach towel, sunscreen 30+, warm pullover for the evenings (seasonal)and cash/card for on board purchases. Please feel free to bring on board a reusable water bottle and/or additional snacks. You will also need to bring your own alcoholic beverages, available for purchase in town. No glass bottles please. Please note check in is at 8:00am at South Marina Tour Departure Point.
Excess luggage can be stored at several places in town including most boat check-in offices, a 24 hour locker shop on The Esplanade, most hostels, or at your accommodation. Most charge between $5-10pp for the duration of your trip.
- A refillable water bottle
- Wetsuit hire
- Snorkelling equipment
- Marine Park fees
- 1 FREE scuba dive
- BYO drinks/alcohol (no glass).
- Scuba diving (after the first FREE experience) is an additional cost - all diving can be decided on and paid for onboard. For additional dive prices please enquire with us at the time of booking.
Your safety in the water is our primary concern. To ensure your comfort and safety divers must be 18 years or over and they will require that you have a Divers Medical Certificate for certain medical conditions or if over 45 years old.
Dive Medical Certificate:
Please read the following questions carefully:
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of asthma, emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioural health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
If you answered YES to any of the above questions, you are required to obtain and present a current (issued within the past 12 months) Divers Medical Certificate before you can scuba dive.
Please click here for a list of doctors who can provide this service.
Terms and Conditions
The specified deposit amount is required to secure the booking, with the remaining balance due 2 months prior to departure. Failure to pay the remaining balance before the due date may result in termination of the charter (cancellation fees apply).
This is a water-based activity, for safety reasons ALL passengers must be able to swim and speak fluent English.
Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip.
You must reconfirm all booked tours prior to travel as specified on your voucher. If applicable, notes such as dietary requirements, pick-up locations and additional fees should also be confirmed at this time. Reconfirmations cannot be actioned through Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel, and must be done so directly through the Service Operator as specified on each ticket.
It is your responsibility to notify us of ticket discrepancies. Please read through the details on your voucher thoroughly to ensure all details such as passenger names, ages and dates of travel on vouchers are correct.
It is the responsibility of all passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of any medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
You need to allow adequate time to check-in prior to the specified departure time.
All prices are stated in Australian dollars and include GST. Surcharges over peak holiday seasons may apply.
The Service Operator reserves the right to alter prices and extra costs. Extra costs may include EMC fees, Stingersuit/Wetsuit Hire, Luggage Storage, Insurance, Linen Hire, National Park Fees, Fuel Levies, Dietary Fees, etc. Bonds may also apply.
We will also endeavour to communicate these extra costs with you at the time of booking, and on your ticket. However, it is your responsibility to confirm which (if any) additional costs apply with each Service Operator upon reconfirming your trip.
It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to the actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We highly recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. You should also ensure your travel insurance will cover special circumstances including weather events preventing guests from travelling to their tour departure destination and cancelled flights due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
Terms and Conditions (including the Cancellation Policy) are subject to change. The most recent versions can be found online on the relevant product pages.
All ticket/voucher reissues attract a $20 administration fee.
All cancellations forfeit the non-refundable deposit. All balance payments are due 2 months prior to departure. Failure to pay the remaining balance before this scheduled date will result in termination of the charter and forfeit of the non-refundable deposit. Once the balance payment has been made, no shows and client cancellations made within 30 days of departure forfeit 100% of the full ticket price.
It is compulsory that all cancellation requests are in writing and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations attempted via online chat or phone will not be actioned.
The Service Operator reserves the right to alter prices, alter itineraries, apply a fuel surcharge, cancel departures, arrange alternative transport and vary itineraries and services if necessary.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Service Operator. If the Service Operator has to cancel the trip or activity (prior to departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus a 20% administration fee and any associated card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
In the unlikely event of your trip being cancelled or stood down, all guest communication is required to go through our Online Store via telephone or email. While there is a Sailing Whitsundays retail outlet located Airlie Beach, please be aware that they operate as a separate entity and are unable to access reservations made by the Mr Travel online department.
All refunds are in Australian Dollars and must be made to the card of payment. Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel is not liable for exchange rate fluctuations or fees, or any other merchant/bank fees associated with domestic and/or international transactions.
Where a full refund is applicable, there is the option to transfer the whole cost of the tour to another tour or “Credit” to avoid the administration fee. A transfer fee of $20 will apply.
You will be emailed confirmation once the refund has been processed. Once the refund has been processed, it may still take time for the banks to clear the amount. Please allow 7-10 business days for the funds to clear into Australian accounts and up to 21 business days for international accounts.
All Service Operators have the right to provide client feedback and to cancel bookings based off of feedback from other Service Operators.
Please enjoy your travel experience in a kind and responsible manner.
Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel will treat this as any normal client cancellation and therefore the cancellation fees stated in the Client Cancellation Policy will apply.
Thank you for booking with our East-Coast travel experts here at Sailing Whitsundays/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any further advice, assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours please get in touch.