Sail through the Whitsundays for 3 days and 2 nights with all your family and friends on board Apollo!
- Enjoy authentic sailing around the Whitsundays Islands
- Free scuba dive offers to all passengers!
- Work with the crew to build the perfect itinerary for you group and have the time of your life!
- Ideal for larger groups with room for up to 26 passengers
- Longer tour for those who want extra time on the water
As a passenger on board Apollo Private Charter you will get to spend 3 days exploring all the top destinations in the Whitsundays, doing all the things you want to do! Alongside your crew and best mates, you can help choose the perfect itinerary for your time in the Whitsundays. Sail at top speeds and enjoy every minute of your adventure that is perfect for any group looking for a comfortable trip on board a fun sail boat!
Apollo is a full service dive vessel with her own onboard dive crew and all necessary equipment.
Please note, at time of booking we require a deposit with the remaining balance due 2 months prior.
- 26 guests allowing for a large group
- All meals are made freshly on board by your awesome crew
- Morning tea and afternoon tea
- BYO Alcohol
- Visit the famous Whitehaven Beach
- Visit the stunning Hill Inlet Lookout
- FREE Scuba dive included
- Lots of snorkelling and plenty of time in the water
- Snorkelling gear and wetsuit hire included
- Fresh linen provided for each guest
- Longer than most trips with 3 full days at sea
- Authentic sailing boat with a trophy winning history
- Apollo is a huge Maxi yacht at 75ft long
- Fully Refitted in 2018
Combine an extended 3 day tour with a free scuba dive for the ultimate sailing escape in the Whitsundays on board Apollo!
Apollo has a proud and extensive racing history listed as follows:
- Sydney to Hobart Race: 1 first, 3 seconds and 2 thirds
- Winner of the South China Sea Series
- Apollo has won every major race held on the East Coast of Australia including Sydney to Brisbane and Brisbane to Gladstone
- Apollo set the record for the Sydney to Southport race
- Winner of the Kenwood Cup
- Winner of the Around Hawaii Island Race
- Winner of the Cairns New Guinea Race
- Winner of the Hobart to Honiara Race
- The only boat to Win 6 Whitsunday Fun Races consecutively
Your trip will begin at Coral Sea Marina, where you and your friends will depart early in the morning, giving the chance to enjoy the full day sailing, exploring, and relaxing! Your crew will trim the sails, allowing you to get there with the power of the wind! You are welcome to help out or sit back and relax as the islands pass you by. Your first adventure of your 3 day tour will be snorkelling at the northern end of the islands at locations such as Luncheon Bay or Blue Pearl Bay. You will get to see the beautiful corals and marine life up close, even taking the opportunity to enjoy your free scuba dive. Both introductory and certified divers are welcome and can join in on other dives later in the trip as well. Afterwards make your way to your overnight anchorage where you can enjoy the appeal of the ocean alongside your loved ones before settling in for the night.
The next day you will make your way to Whitehaven Beach, one of the most famous beaches in the world. Here you will have the opportunity to enjoy a short bushwalk up to Hill Inlet Lookout, where you can grab some amazing group photos with your family and friends! Take some time to enjoy the beach, spending time on the soft sands or in the warm clear waters.
On your final day, you will make your way to second location to snorkel or dive and explore the amazing marine life below. The marine life of the Whitsundays is colourful, diverse and vibrant, making for a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Snorkelling and Scuba Diving
Apollo offers guests the opportunity to scuba dive and snorkel during their private charter. With at least two stops on the itinerary, you will get to explore the beautiful reefs at length from above or below the surface! Apollo offers the first dive for free, but we are sure you will want to get back in to see more. Please note conditions apply for diving, see the more information section for more details.
Additional dive prices:
First Dive Free
Introductory Dive: $60
Certified Dive: $55
Certified Night Dive: $70
Certified Dive Package (1 Night, 1 Day): $110
Lunch: Garden salad and cold meat platter, Basil pesto Pasta,
Snacks: Tea, coffee, lamington fingers and Delicious nachos
Dinner: Rice, Try our famous Kangaroo stew with garlic bread and rice.
Breakfast: Tea, coffee, fresh fruit, bread, spreads and cereals
Lunch: Garden salad, sausages, pumpkin risotto and breads
Snacks: Crackers, cheese and dips
Dinner: Steak night with mashed potato, vegetables and garlic bread.
Breakfast: Tea, coffee, breads, spreads, cereals, scrambled eggs, bacon and baked beans
Lunch: Tomato pesto pasta, potato salad, bread rolls, salad platter and leg of ham
Please note this is a sample of menu and is subject to change and amendments
All dietary requirements can be catered for but may incur an additional fee. Vegetarian $5.00 surcharge. Please advise when booking.
You May Also Like One Of These Products:
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
What To Bring
Please only bring a small soft overnight bag without any zippers (ie. a re-usable shopping). Ensure you pack clothes, a hat, swim-wear, beach towel, sunscreen 30+, warm pullover for the evenings (seasonal)and cash/card for on board purchases. Please feel free to bring on board a reusable water bottle and/or additional snacks. You will also need to bring your own alcoholic beverages, available for purchase in town. No glass bottles please. Please note check in is at 8:00am at South Marina Tour Departure Point.
Excess luggage can be stored at several places in town including most boat check-in offices, a 24 hour locker shop on The Esplanade, most hostels, or at your accommodation. Most charge between $5-10pp for the duration of your trip.
- Drinking water
- Wetsuit hire
- Snorkelling equipment
- Marine Park fees
- 1 FREE scuba dive
BYO drinks/alcohol (no glass). Scuba diving (after the first FREE experience) is an additional cost - all diving can be decided on and paid for on board.
Your safety in the water is our primary concern. To ensure your comfort and safety divers must be 18 years or over and they will require that you have a Divers Medical Certificate for certain medical conditions or if over 45 years old.
Please read the following questions carefully:
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of asthma, emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioral health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and do you have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)
- Are you over 45?
If any of these conditions apply to you, you will require a Divers Medical Certificate before you can scuba dive.
A Divers Medical Certificate can be obtained from:
Whitsunday Doctors Service
257 Shute Harbour Rd (Opposite xBase)
Ph: 07 4946 6241
Terms and Conditions
Please note, at time of booking we require a deposit with the remaining balance due 2 months prior.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
Please note that in the unlikely event of your trip being cancelled or stood down, all guest communication is required to go through our Online Store via telephone or email. While there is a Sailing Whitsundays retail outlet located Airlie Beach, please be aware that they operate as a separate entity and are unable to access reservations made by the Mr Travel online department.
Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
This is a water-based activity, for safety reasons ALL passengers must be able to swim and speak fluent English. Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip.
Also, please note that you need to allow time prior to the boats departure to check in, please ask us for more details.
All client cancellations forfeit up the non refundable deposit and all client cancellations made less than 2 months prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the sailing holiday. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers traveling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.