The authentic sailing boat Boomerang will take you on a thrilling tour of the Whitsundays
- Take on the Whitsundays with speed on board a true racer!
- See the best parts of the Whitsundays visiting Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet Lookout and colourful coral reefs
- Lively crew who will keep you entertained and having fun the whole time
- Get involved in the sailing as much or as little as you like
The crew of Boomerang will show you to all the hot spots of the Whitsundays. As a true Maxi vessel, she boasts 83ft in length and is 20ft wide - which means you'll have ample space to socialize during your tour.
In her racing past, she has achieved great success, including placing 1st in the World Maxi Series Race, in addition to other wins in the USA, Japan and New Zealand. She has called the Whitsundays home since 2009 when she was refurbished to be a passenger vessel. Now housing 28 guests at a time, Boomerang offers a social tour and interactive tour, where guests are welcome to help the crew sail, or to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. Perfect for the young and young and young at heart!
Check out our video to see what the Boomerang has to offer!
- Authentic racing boat for a hands-on sailing adventure
- Huge deck space for sunbathing and relaxing
- All snorkelling gear and instruction provided for a memorable underwater experience
- All meals are freshly prepared on board by your experienced crew
- Snorkel on the fringing reefs of the Great Barrier Reef
- Visit the world famous Hill Inlet Lookout and Whitehaven Beach
- BYO alcohol
If you want to get an insight into what true Maxi racing is all about and enjoy a good social time, book on to Boomerang today!
Boomerang has a comfortable interior that features an open planned accommodation. Because the boat is so wide, there is plenty of deck space to relax on and soak up the sun! When she really gets going, experience the thrill of your feet dangling off the side of the leaning vessel with the ocean breeze in your hair.
Similar to famous racing ships, Boomerang offers bunk-style accommodation. Comfortable single and double bunks line the inside of the hulls, leaving lots of room for social space. Boomerang is suited for those who enjoy sleeping in a shared space, taking the opportunity to meet new people.
Boomerang's itinerary will have you sailing around many of the Whitsundays Islands during your 2 day and 2 night adventure. As a maxi yacht, Boomerang is a performance sailer which means you will be travelling around at speed all with the help of wind power. Guests are able to give the crew a hand and help set sail, pull a sheet and have a go at the captain's wheel to give them to full sailing experience!
Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet
Whitsunday Island is home to the famous Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet Lookout. Here you can get active and play some beach games with your new friends or simply sunbathe and relax on the white silica sand. Hill Inlet lookout is known as one of the best views in Australia, so be sure to snap some photos to show your family and friends back home.
The best coral reefs typically exist around the Northern end of the Whitsundays Islands. Renowned sites which Boomerang usually visit are Langford Reef, Blue Pearl Bay and Mantaray Bay. The exact snorkel location depends on the sea conditions and your knowledgeable skipper will determine the best snorkelling location on the day. Either way, you will see an abundant range of corals and marine life.
What To Bring
Please bring only a small soft bag with: change of clothes, hat, swim-wear, beach towel, sunscreen 30+, warm pullover for the evenings (seasonal). You will also need to bring your own alcoholic beverages, available for purchase in town. No glass bottles, please.
Excess luggage can be stored at several places in town including most boat check-in offices, a 24 hour locker shop on The Esplanade, most hostels, or at your accommodation. Most charge between $5-10pp for the duration of your trip.
- Drinking water
- Wetsuit hire
- Snorkelling equipment
- Marine Park fees
- Wet weather jackets if needed
Please read the following questions carefully:
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of asthma, emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioral health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
Terms and Conditions
Please note, at time of booking we require a deposit with the remaining balance due 2 months prior.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
Please note that in the unlikely event of your trip being cancelled or stood down, all guest communication is required to go through our Online Store via telephone or email. While there is a Sailing Whitsundays retail outlet located Airlie Beach, please be aware that they operate as a separate entity and are unable to access reservations made by the Mr Travel online department.
Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
This is a water-based activity, for safety reasons ALL passengers must be able to swim and speak fluent English. Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip.
Also, please note that you need to allow time prior to the boats departure to check in, please ask us for more details.
All client cancellations forfeit up the non refundable deposit and all client cancellations made less than 2 months prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the sailing holiday. Please note if the balance is not paid on time the booking is cancelled and deposit you have paid forfeited. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers traveling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.