Only have a day to explore the Whitsundays? Visit 3 spectacular destinations in only 1 day with Whitehaven Xpress!
- Sightsee, snorkel and explore with Whitehaven Xpress!
- Spend time at the beautiful Whitehaven Beach
- Family owned and operated
- Glass-bottom boat option for a unique experience
- Fast and spacious day trip
As a passenger on board Whitehaven Xpress, you will have the opportunity to visit the top destinations in the Whitsundays, all in one day! You can get up close and personal with the special marine life with a snorkel at Mantaray Bay and the flybridge is also a great place to spot creatures. Whitehaven Xpress has a spacious, shaded back deck, with zip down windows in case of bad weather. And there is also an indoor area and two onboard toilets.
Whitehaven Xpress Features:
- Plenty of beach time on Whitehaven Beach
- Snorkel at the famous Mantaray Bay
- Guided National Park bushwalk to Hill Inlet Lookout!
- Aussie beach BBQ with picnic tables in the shade
- Glass bottom boat for coral viewing
- Courtesy bus pick up and drop off
- Morning tea & coffee and afternoon tea
- Licensed bar onboard to purchase drinks and alcohol
- Extra costs $8pp for wetsuit hire
True to its name Whitehaven Xpress is the perfect way to zip around the Whitsunday Islands on this exciting day trip.
Passengers will enjoy a relaxed 2.5 hours at the Southern end of the beach. A BBQ lunch is cooked on the beach, and lunch is served buffet style. The BBQ features a selection of steak, sausages and chilli burgers, or veggie burgers/fish for vegetarians, combined with a fresh garden salad and tropical fruit platter. The lunch area has picnic tables and plenty of shade. There is also plenty of time for a swim, sunbake, or a stroll up the beach.
Bushwalk to Hill Inlet Lookout
Passengers will enjoy a relaxed walk to the Lookout, via Tongue Bay. Hill Inlet is the jewel in the Whitsundays crown. The only way to see the amazing, swirling sand effect is from above. On Whitehaven Xpress you will take a leisurely walk to the lookout, and have ample time to take in, and photograph the amazing scenery. There are many beautiful beaches throughout the world, but there is only one Hill Inlet!
Snorkelling around Mantaray Bay
Passengers will enjoy plenty of time at Mantaray Bay, the northern end of Hook Island is host to some of the healthiest and most colourful coral gardens around the islands. There is a mass of marine life there, offering a more memorable snorkelling experience. Xpress also has a glass bottom boat, which is great for children, non-swimmers, the elderly or those who just don't want to get wet! Access to the tender is easy, with a snorkelling platform enabling passengers to step into the tender with just one step. Passengers will either snorkel before or after the beach, depending on the tide.
It is preferred that prams and strollers aren't brought on the vessel, however small ones can be borrowed for the day. Please advise at time of booking if you require a stroller.
You May Also Like One Of These Products:
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
What To Bring
- Cash for onboard purchases
- Morning tea & coffee, beach BBQ lunch (please advise at time of booking if vegetarian), afternoon cheese platter, snorkel equipment and tuition, glass bottom coral viewing.
- Courtesy transfers to and from Coral Sea Marina are also included from all accommodation between Flametree and Cannonvale. We encourage passengers to take advantage of this service as parking at the Marina can be difficult, and passengers are often waiting at the wrong location, which all contributes to a late departure.
- GoPro cameras are available for rental - Day hire is $30. Bring your own SD card or buy a new 8GB card for $15.
- Snacks, soft drinks and bottled water are available on board.
- Licenced bar on board providing beer and wines.
Terms and Conditions
The Tour Operator reserves the right to limit courtesy transfers to select local accommodations. Private residences or Airbnb properties may be asked to meet at the closest confirmed location. If you are concerned about the availability of a door-to-door service to/from your accommodation, please contact our reservations team prior to booking.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to the actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
Please note that in the unlikely event of your trip being cancelled or stood down, all guest communication is required to go through our Online Store via telephone or email. While there is a Sailing Whitsundays retail outlet located Airlie Beach, please be aware that they operate as a separate entity and are unable to access reservations made by the Mr Travel online department.
Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of the total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 3 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the sailing holiday. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given, minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season. Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel if you need any advice or assistance making arrangements for your accommodation or transfers please do not hesitate to ask.