Join Samurai for a three day tour through the Whitsunday Islands with the chance to sail, snorkel or even dive
Samurai offers a 3 day, 2 night sailing tour with all the comforts of modern design to enjoy while you sail the waters of the Whitsundays. With a history in racing. Samurai sailed in a few offshore maxi yacht races before making her home in the Whitsundays to cruise and explore with up to 23 passengers at a time.
Samurai is a 68ft true racing yacht having competed in top events such as the Burns Philips MAXI Challenge and the world famous Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race. She was refitted in early 2010 to incorporate cruising yacht comfort not normally seen on a real race boat in this class. She can carry up to 23 guests and crew, making it a great escape for those who want so socialise without the crowds. Her 3 day trip is ideal for 18-35 year olds, with a mix of sailing, snorkelling and even scuba diving. Allow yourself to enjoy her comforts both above and below deck, where you'll find plenty of space to relax and enjoy the breeze. Samurai offers a open plan living space with both double and single beds available to guests.
- Enjoy the chance to scuba dive, payable on board
- Fast, fun sailing with the opportunity for real hands on experience!
- Freshly prepared food made by your crew
- Snorkel gear and tuition included to make the most of your snorkel experience
- Fresh, clean linen provided for each guest
- Visit to the world famous Whitehaven Beach and bushwalk to Hill Inlet Lookout
- Samurai carries a maximum of 23 guests making it a very social and fun filled tour
- Please note: $20 wetsuit hire to pay on arrival
Enjoy the thrill of fast sailing and the rush of scuba diving all in one exciting tour. If you are looking for a social tour with lower numbers, Samurai is a great option for you!
With a primary focus on performance sailing, Samurai also offers all guests the opportunity to experience the Whitsundays magical underwater world with the opportunity for an introductory scuba dive.
With no experience is necessary; the onboard dive instructor will assist you every step of the way and allow everyone to enjoy their time under the sea! For those who wish to stay above the water, Samurai also offers snorkelling gear and amazing locations that are ideal for both scuba diving and snorkelling. There is something ffor everyone on board this fun tour of the Whitsundays. Please note must be over 18 years old and conditions apply for diving, see the more information section for more details.
Throughout your 3 day,2 night trip, your crew will take you to a number of top dive and snorkel destinations in the region which might include Luncheon Bay, Blue Pearl Bay or Mantaray Bay. As well as snorkelling and scuba diving around the beautiful coral reefs, guests can help the crew pull the sails and have a go at driving the boat, for a real Aussie experience. You can also sit back and relaxing, enjoying the heat from the sun as you watch the amazing scenery pass you by. Keep an eye out for wildlife such as turtles, eagles, sharks, dolphins and whales! Sleep out on deck, under the stars at night or spend time socialising with the other like-minded passengers. Samurai crew aim to make this sail and dive trip a very memorable experience both above and below the waterline!
Lunch: Cold deli meats with cheese , fresh garden salad , wraps/rolls, fresh fruit
Afternoon tea: Cookies with tea or coffee
Dinner: Thai green curry with chicken and rice , garlic bread
Breakfast: Continental breakfast, tea and coffee
Lunch: BBQ sausages with tomato pasta, fresh garden salad, fresh fruit
Afternoon tea: Cookies with tea or coffee
Dinner: BBQ crumbed fish fillets with seasonal vegetable, potatoes
Breakfast: Continental breakfast, tea or coffee
Lunch: Bacon, eggs and baked beans
*Please this is a sample menu and is subject to change and amendments
You May Also Like One Of These Products:
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
What To Bring
Please only bring a small soft overnight bag without any zippers (ie. a re-usable shopping). A zipless souvenir bag can be purchased at the boat's check-in office for a few dollars. Ensure you pack clothes, a hat, swim-wear, beach towel, sunscreen 30+, warm pullover for the evenings (seasonal) and cash/card for on board purchases. You will also need to bring your own alcoholic beverages, available for purchase in town. No glass bottles please.
Excess luggage can be stored at several places in town including your boat's check-in office, a 24 hour locker shop or at your accommodation. Most charge between $5-10pp for the duration of your trip.
- Tea and coffee
- Fresh linen
- Wetsuit hire
- Snorkel Gear
*Dives are an additional cost and can be booked on board.
Your ticket price includes the Marine Park fees and Fuel Levy but this $20pp is payable upon arrival in cash please.
- Please note: $20 wetsuit hire to pay on arrival
- BYO drinks - no glass please
- Scuba diving is an additional cost - all diving can be decided on and paid for on board, please note dive prices are subject to change.
Samurai has on board scuba diving for both certified divers and those without any experience/qualifications for guests over 18 years old. Dives do not need to be pre-booked, but can be decided upon once on board.
- 1st Dive $75pp.
- 2nd Dive $65pp.
Your safety in the water is our primary concern. To ensure your comfort and safety divers must be 18 years or over and they will require that you have a Divers Medical Certificate for certain medical conditions or if over 50 years old.
Please read the following questions carefully:
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of asthma, emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioral health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
- Are you over 50 years old?
If any of these conditions apply to you, you will require a Divers Medical Certificate before you can scuba dive.
A Divers Medical Certificate can be obtained from:
Whitsunday Doctors Service
257 Shute Harbour Rd (Opposite xBase)
Ph: 07 4946 6241
Terms and Conditions
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases. Please note dive prices are subject to change.
Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip. Also please note that you need to allow time prior to the boats departure to check in, please ask us for more details
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the sailing holiday. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers traveling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.