What To Bring
Solway Lass - Upon checking in, Explore Whitsundays will provide you with a souvenir environmental bag to pack your belongings in for the sailing trip. They ask that you only take these bags on board with you as luggage. Ensure you pack clothes, a hat, swim-wear, beach towel, sunscreen 30+, and a warm pullover for the evenings (seasonal). Additional souvenir bags can be purchased for $2.
All alcohol is to be purchased from the licensed bar on board - NO BYO alcohol allowed on board.
Excess luggage can be stored at several places in town including a 24 hour locker shop or at your accommodation. Most charge between $5-10pp for the duration of your trip.
Seastar Apartments - Ticket
Solway Lass - Skipper, crew, drinking water, meals, licensed bar, linen, wetsuit hire, snorkelling equipment, all Marine Park fees and wet weather jackets if needed.
Accommodation rates change seasonally.
- Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks are to be purchased from licensed bar (no BYO allowed).
- Pre-booked scuba diving is an additional cost - be sure to book in advance.
Your safety in the water is our primary concern. To ensure your comfort and safety divers must be 18 years or over (if 14 years or older may be able to dive with parents consent)and they may require that you have a Divers Medical Certificate for certain medical conditions.
Please read the following questions carefully:
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioral health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
If any of these conditions apply to you, you will require a Divers Medical Certificate before you can scuba dive.
A Divers Medical Certificate can be obtained from:
Whitsunday Doctors Service
257 Shute Harbour Rd (Opposite xBase)
Ph: 07 4946 6241
Terms and Conditions
Accommodation rates change seasonally.
Accommodation must be booked over two consecutive nights i.e. not split Solway departs every Tuesday and Saturday.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases.
Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip. Also please note that you need to allow time prior to the boats departure to check in, please ask us for more details.
All cancellations made 30 days prior to travel will result in a 25% cancellation fee of the total price. Cancellations 14 to 30 days before departure, loss of 50% of ticket price and 14 days to departure will result in forfeit of full trip fees. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers traveling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.