Visit the amazing Great Barrier Reef on this all inclusive day trip to Bait Reef!
- Explore the Outer Great Barrier Reef on this unique day trip
- Visit 2 different locations where you can snorkel or scuba dive!
- Comfortable, purpose built catamaran for a stable ride
- Both introductory divers and certified divers welcome
- One of the few day trips where you can scuba dive on the Outer Great Barrier Reef
Explore and discover the amazing beauty of the Great Barrier Reef with this fun-filled adventure to Bait Reef. Explore's Full Day to the Outer Great Barrier Reef is an ideal way to see one of the world's greatest natural wonders. This trip is ideal for all types of adventurers with both scuba diving and snorkelling on the agenda. Discover all the reef has to offer at two different dive sites, where you will get to witness the vast marine landscapes, colourful corals, beautiful fish and even inquisitive sea turtles.
- Visit dive sites such as Stepping Stone, Paradise Lagoon and Mantaray drop-off
- Visit two different locations within Bait Reef
- Minimum of 3.5 hours spent on Outer Reef
- Air-conditioned vessel
- Onboard showers
- Buffet lunch with salads and sandwiches
- Morning and afternoon tea
- High-quality snorkelling and scuba diving gear provided including stinger suits
- 5-star PADI rating
- All divers are personally guided by our experienced divemasters or Instructors
- Brand new custom designed dive vessel
Bait Reef is the closest Outer Reef to the Whitsundays and provides amazing individual reefs for snorkelling, scuba diving and exploring. You will cruise out on a comfortable and purpose-built vessel, which has plenty of space for relaxing during the ride. It has two levels of air-conditioned luxury as well as shaded outdoor areas to ensure you get to enjoy maximum comfort during your journey! It will have everything you need for your day on the
Your full day tour to the Outer Great Barrier Reef offers the perfect opportunity to snorkel on one of the most diverse reefs in the world! With plenty of time on the reef as well as two dive sites included, snorkellers will be able to get a real feel for the reef, exploring its untouched and stunningly wild outer reefs. The shallow corals and diverse marine life provide a kaleidoscope of colour that will leave you in awe and wonder!
Scuba divers will get to participate in two dives during their day with Explore, making their way to two different dive sites! The diverse reefs provide the perfect place from which to explore all that the area has to offer as you are guided around by your divemaster or instructor. Divers will be immersed in the amazing underwater gardens of the Outer Great Barrier Reef, getting up close with all the marine life that lives there!
Discover scuba diving for first time divers:
- No experience necessary but you must be able to swim and pass a medical questionnaire at the time of booking
- This is a two-part process - pool training and the actual dive at the reef
- Includes one dive only and one snorkelling session. A second dive may be available depending on weather conditions and time at the reef, for an additional cost of $59.
- All certified divers must produce their certification card or log book at the time of booking
- Rates include all gear hire and two dives
- All divers are personally guided by our experienced Divemasters or Instructors
- As some of our location at Bait Reef are advanced dives, if your last dive was more than 12 months prior (and depending on the total number of dives) we may require you to complete either a PADI ReActivate Programme or a refresher programme in the pool prior to diving. Please discuss at the time of booking for more details.
- Please note as this is a water orientated vessel, guests must be able to swim to enter the water
- Those undertaking a refresher programme, or Introductory dive will need to complete a 1-hour pool session prior to departure. Please
enquirefor more details.
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
What To Bring
Please take a small bag only with:
- Change of clothes
- Money for onboard purchases
- Buffet lunch
- Morning and afternoon tea
- 2 dives for scuba divers
- On board toilets and showers
- Two site visits
- Quality snorkelling and scuba diving gear
- All divers are personally guided by our experienced divemasters or instructors
- Price per person includes GST and $6.50 Reef Levy.
Alcoholic beverages, soft drinks & snacks can be purchased onboard. If a PADI ReActivate Programme or a refresher programme is required these are at an additional cost. Please enquire.
Those undertaking a refresher programme, or Introductory dive will need to be in Airlie Beach the day prior to departure to complete a 1 hour pool session. This session usually occurs between the hours of 1pm - 3pm.
All certified divers must produce their certification card or log book at the time of booking. As some of our location at Bait Reef are advanced dives, if your last dive was more than 12 months prior (and depending total number of dives) we may require you to complete either a PADI ReActivate Programme or a refresher programme in the pool prior to diving. Please discuss at the time of booking for more details.
Please read the following questions carefully:
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of asthma, emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioural health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
If any of these conditions apply to you, you will require a Divers Medical Certificate before you can scuba dive.
A Divers Medical Certificate can be obtained from:
Whitsunday Doctors Service
257 Shute Harbour Rd (Opposite xBase)
Ph: 07 4946 6241
Terms and Conditions
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 7 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the tour. If the tour operator has to cancel the trip (prior to the departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. In the event of a missed departure, Explore will not be held responsible and the guest will forfeit 100% of the tour fee. Departure times are final. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season. Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays.