Feel the need for speed? Broomstick can offer you this and more!
- Enjoy the thrill of sailing around the Whitsunday Islands on a speedy maxi yacht
- Designed for speed, you will have the time of your life on board Broomstick!
- Your fun crew will take you to the best parts of the Whitsundays including Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet Lookout and the fringing reefs of the Whitsunday Islands
- Explore by day and relax by night and get into the Whitsundays spirit!
For 2 days and 2 nights, the experienced crew of Broomstick will take you on a thrilling adventure throughout the Whitsunday Islands, taking you to all the most popular destinations. Join 24 other like-minded passengers as you participate in activities such as snorkelling, bush walking and of course, sailing! This fun tour is ideal for those who are craving adventure and the thrill of sailing around as the world passes by!
- 22 meters of deck space for socialising, relaxing and sunbathing!
- Fun, knowledgeable crew
- Relax on board while you sail around
- Visit the world famous Hill Inlet Lookout and Whitehaven Beach
- Sailing tuition and hands on sailing experience
- Snorkel multiple coral reefs for an amazing underwater experience
- Snorkel equipment all inclusive for your convenience
- Freshly prepared meals made by your awesome crew
- BYO alcohol
If you have been craving to see what it is like to cruise across the sea at great speeds, don't hesitate and book your Broomstick adventure today!
All of the accommodation on board Broomstick is shared. You have the option of a shared double bunk or single bunk.
Taking out a total of 25 passengers (average age group of 18 - 35 years) and 3 crew, Broomstick is a true maxi yacht giving you a taste of the life of a racing vessel. With a spacious interior of open style layout, Broomstick offers the perfect social environment where you can meet like-minded travellers, making new friends along the way. Enjoy the exciting activities by day and join in on the fun evening festivities; Broomstick is well known for her party spirit!
Stop at the famous Whitehaven Beach where you can swim and explore along the stretches of soft silica sands. As one of the most famous beaches in the world, Whitehaven Beach should be on every beach-lovers bucket list! The unique sand, warm waters and tropical surroundings make for the best beach experience around. Take the time to relax on the cool sands or take a dip in the ocean - this is the ultimate place for relaxing!
Hill Inlet Lookout
Take the ultimate selfie at this stunning lookout point! Each trip to the lookout is unique in that the sands are never the same twice! The coloured swirls change with the tide every minute of the day, creating a stunning masterpiece in the sand that makes for the ultimate view. Ask your crew to take a group shot here - there's plenty of room for everyone on the observation deck and the inlet makes the best background.
Your crew will take you to some of the colourful reefs that can be found around the Whitsunday Islands. Here you will find calm coves and bays where you can hop in and explore the teeming reefs that await below! Expect to see colourful corals, funny fish, stunning sea turtles and more. Our reefs host a huge variety of marine life that will give you great insight into the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. All your snorkelling equipment is supplied for you, so all you need to bring along if a sense of adventure!
Sailing on a maxi yacht combines sheer size and power with the thrill of speed. With their fascinating racing history, the maxi yachts make for an unforgettable sailing experience! Overnight maxi sailing adventures are unique to the Whitsundays, where guests can enjoy spending a few nights at sea, sailing and exploring. A maxi adventure allows you the opportunity to participate, take the wheel, hoist the sails and grind the winches on some of the most famous yachts in racing history, whilst visiting the very best destinations the Whitsundays has to offer.
Broomstick was built in South Africa to win the Cape Town to Rio Yacht Race and is able to reach speeds like no other in the Whitsundays. Like a true maxi, she is big, comfortable and very fast. Her track record shows her competing in many of the world's most famous sailing events including Sydney to Hobart Race, which is very well known here in Australia! Broomstick finished racing in 2000 and was converted to a charter boat in 2001 and has since been hosting guests for sailing tours around the Whitsundays!
Afternoon tea: Cheese platter with crackers and dip
Dinner: Roast chicken with stuffing, creamy potato mash, freshly tossed salad, gravy and damper bread
Dessert: Cookies and cream cheesecake
Breakfast: Cereals, toast and fruit salad served with tea, coffee and a variety of condiments
Morning tea: Tea and coffee with an assortment of biscuits and fruit platter
Lunch: BBQ burgers served with bread rolls, cheese and a selection of salads
Afternoon snack: Homemade nachos served with salsa, beans and sour cream
Dinner: Burritos made with beef mince, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, cheese and guacamole
Evening snack: Chocolate brownies served with whipped cream
Breakfast: Cereals, toast, yoghurt and fruit salad served with tea, coffee and a variety of condiments
Morning tea: Fruit platter
Please note this is a sample of menu and is subject to change and amendments
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
What To Bring
Please bring only a small soft bag, containing NO zippers, with: change of clothes, hat, swim-wear, beach towel, sunscreen 30+, warm pullover for the evenings (seasonal). You will also need to bring your own alcoholic beverages, available for purchase in town. No glass bottles, please.
Excess luggage can be stored at several places in town including most boat check-in offices, most hostels, or at Airlie Beach Bag Storage. Most charge between $5-15pp for the duration of your trip.
- Drinking water
- Wetsuit hire
- Snorkelling equipment
- Marine Park fees
BYO alcohol (strictly NO glass, or red wine). Soft drinks are available for purchase on board.
Please read the following questions carefully:
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of asthma, emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioural health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
If any of these conditions apply to you, you will need to tell the staff when you board the vessel.
Terms and Conditions
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. The Operator also reserves the right to alter the tour or the itinerary of any of its tours and organise alternative carriers to those advertised if necessary. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to the actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
Please note that in the unlikely event of your trip being cancelled or stood down, all guest communication is required to go through our Online Store via telephone or email. While there is a Sailing Whitsundays retail outlet located Airlie Beach, please be aware that they operate as a separate entity and are unable to access reservations made by the Mr Travel online department.
Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
This is a water-based activity, for safety reasons ALL passengers must be able to swim and speak fluent English. Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip.
Also, please note that you need to allow time prior to the boats' departure to check in, please ask us for more details.
All cancellations made result in a 25% cancellation fee of the recommended retail price (RRP), not discounted or sale prices. All cancellations made 60-30 days prior to travel will result in a 50% cancellation fee of the total price and any cancellations made inside of 30 days to departure will result in forfeit of full trip fees. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.