Get certified whilst diving some of the World's best reefs!
Learn to scuba dive in the warm tropical waters of the Great Barrier Reef and Whitsunday Islands, as you gain World recognized Open Water Certification! Complete your AUSI Open Water Dive Course on board Anaconda III, with the added bonus of visiting some of the top dive sites in the world! This course is limited to a maximum number of just 8 students, so you won't get lost in the crowds. Once you've successfully completed the course, you will receive your certification and be able to dive anywhere else in the world...
The AUSI Open Water Dive Course is by far one of the best value courses on the East Coast of Australia. Learn how to scuba dive, see the Whitsundays and experience the Outer Great Barrier Reef for one great value low price! Learning how to scuba dive should be at the top of everyones bucket list, and we want to make sure you can do this without compromising your Whitsunday experience or emptying your pockets.
AUSI Open Water Dive Course Features:
- Full 5 day courses
- 4 student Scuba dives in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park at no extra cost
- Amazing facilities
- Night dives available (additional cost)
- Textbook, workbook, logbook and dive tables
- All dive equipment included
- Highly trained, well respected and experienced instructors to make sure you get the most out of your course
- AUSI (Australian Underwater Scuba Instructors) Certification
- 2 days of pool skills and theory
- 3 days/3 nights onboard maxi yacht Anaconda III
2 Days Pool and Theory Training:
Your first 2 days of training start on a Thursday or Monday, and are conducted in a teaching pool and classroom, in the days prior to your Anaconda III trip. Here you will learn all the skills and theory needed to conduct safe diving in open waters, including kit assembly and the physics behind the sport. These 2 days will include theory assessments, pool dives and a swim test (tread water for 1 minute).
3 Days/3 nights Whitsunday Sailing:
The open water scuba dives take place in the sheltered waters of the Whitsundays, on board the mega yacht Anaconda III. Your first open water dive will take place at the local Whitsunday fringing reefs, offering calm, shallow and comfortable conditions, perfect for first time diving! Once youre comfortable and ready to go, youll make your way to the Outer Great Barrier Reef where youll complete 4 skill training dives in the open water, a requirement needed to complete the course. Your experienced dive instructor will demonstrate all the necessary skills and youll be under their expert guidance the entire time.
Anaconda III is a 101ft Mega Yacht boasting a large air-conditioned saloon and bar, with TV and comfy lounges. She also flaunts a huge lifting table on which a smorgasbord breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in a buffet style. They take pride that all meals served on board are prepared by the on board chef, using only the best local produce. With prior notice given, any special dietary requirements can also be catered for, please make sure to advise at the time of booking. The licensed on board bar prices are very reasonable too, with a daily happy hour and a large selection of wines and beers available.
|Day 1||Students meet at the dive centre at 9:00am with passport photos and all necessary paperwork i.e Medical Certificate. Here, you are introduced to your instructor. Day one consists of 3 theory sessions with instruction and 3 pool sessions. Youll need to bring your own lunch, drinks & snacks or you can purchase them from the local shop.|
|Day 2||By this stage, as a student, you will be assembling your own gear and then experience a further 2 theory sessions and 2 pool sessions. Youll need to bring your own lunch, drinks & any snacks. At the end of day 2, youll sit an exam to gauge your level of competency. You will finish course around 3pm so can check in for your boat trip at Magnums. At 6:30 pm youll board the magnificent dive vessel Anaconda III for a 3 night live aboard sailing cruise in the Whitsundays, where your 4 open water dives will take place.|
|Day 3||Wake early to begin your open water training sessions on the Great Barrier Reef and Island Reefs of the tropical Whitsundays.|
|Day 4||On this day, you will complete your open water training sessions. Its not all theory and skills training during the cruise though! Youll also have time to relax and enjoy what the beautiful Whitsundays have to offer. Enjoy the amazing white silica sands at Whitehaven and the spectacular views at Hill Inlet Lookout, and of course youll see an abundance of marine life and colourful corals during your training scuba dives too. Once you are certified, you can undertake a night dive with a guide if you so desire (additional fees apply).|
|Day 5||Youll now have time to relax and take part in your new found scuba skills with friends youve made along the way. Later on, youll return to Airlie Beach, where the party is just getting started! This evening is a chance to celebrate your qualification and the crew invite you to join them for a few drinks after the cruise. Next morning you are issued your World recognized certification card. Congratulations!|
Anaconda III Features:
- All meals are freshly prepared by your crew
- Morning tea and afternoon tea
- Tea and coffee
- A visit to the world famous Bait Reef, located at the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- Snorkeling equipment included
- Large spacious decks and cabins
- Licensed bar on board - with happy hour specials!
- 32 guests making for a sociable and action packed experience
Anaconda III offers a variety of spacious accommodation styles, all featuring air-conditioning and en-suite bathrooms. Anaconda III has one queen cabin, two private double cabins, two private twin cabins and also several quad share cabins. Each cabin has en-suite bathrooms with shower, toilet and basin. The sleeping arrangements are designed to make Anaconda III the perfect pick for both couples, groups and single travelers. With spacious decks, large lounging areas and a saloon, Anaconda III is one of the most comfortable yachts in the Whitsundays! Please note for safety reasons you MUST be able to swim to get in the water to snorkel or dive, if you can not swim afraid that cant do the course.
To commence the Open Water course all students will need to bring 2 passport photos. You must also fill in a medical questionnaire prior to commencement of course that will be sent to you via email, at time of booking. Depending on results of medical questionnaire you maybe asked to complete a Australian Dive Medical AS45001 prior to course. This is at your own expense.
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
What To Bring
Boat - Please only bring a small soft overnight bag without any zippers (ie. a re-usable shopping). A zipless souvenir bag can be purchased at the boat's check-in office for a few dollars. Ensure you pack clothes, a hat, swimwear, beach towel, sunscreen 30+, warm pullover for the evenings (seasonal)and cash/card for on board purchases. Please feel free to bring on board a reusable water bottle and/or additional snacks. All alcohol is to be purchased from the licensed bar on board - NO BYO alcohol allowed on board. Excess luggage can be stored at several places in town including your boat's check-in office or at your accommodation. Most charge between $5-10pp for the duration of your trip.
Open Water Course - 2 passport photos, pen and paper, dive medical if requested, you will need to bring with you lunch, snacks and drinks for both days.
Boat - Skipper, crew, water, meals, linen, snorkeling equipment and all Marine Park fees
Open Water Course - Workbooks, Logbook, 4 Scuba Dives and AUSI Open Water Certification.
- You are required to wear a full length wet/stinger suit to snorkel or dive, you can bring own or hire one on board for $22pp for whole trip
- Dinner on the day of departure is not provided, please have dinner before boarding the vessel
- Alcoholic beverages to be purchased from licensed bar (Beer - $4.50; Glass of wine - $3.50; Spirits - $5.50)
- Soft drinks and water available for purchase on board
- Further Scuba diving is an additional cost - all diving can be decided on and paid for on board. Conditions apply
Open Water Course -
- 2 passport photos.
- Lunch, snacks and drinks.
- If over 45 or if advised to get a dive medical they can be obtained from 121 medical centre, Cannonvale, 07 4946 4622 or The Doctors, 283 Shute Harbour Road, (Opposite McDonalds) Airlie Beach, 07 4948 0900. This is at own cost (approx $60AUD).
Your safety in the water is our primary concern. To ensure your comfort and safety divers must be 18 years or over and they may require that you have a Divers Medical Certificate for certain medical conditions and also if you are over 45 years old.
Please read the following questions carefully:
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of asthma, emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioral health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
If any of these conditions apply to you, you will require a Divers Medical Certificate before you can scuba dive.
A Divers Medical Certificate can be obtained from:
Whitsunday Doctors Service
257 Shute Harbour Rd (Opposite xBase)
Ph: 07 4946 6241
Terms and Conditions
Only available for purchase for Anaconda III passengers. All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the AUSI dive company or Anaconda sailing company. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases. Please note for safety reasons you MUST be able to swim to get in the water to snorkel or dive, if you can not swim afraid that cant do the course.
Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip. Also please note that you need to allow time prior to the boats departure to check in, please ask us for more details.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the course and boat trip. If you are advised to get a dive medical please do so as soon as possible because if you fail the medical and is inside of the 21 days notice you may forfeit the full price of the course and boat trip. If the AUSI dive company or Anaconda sailing company have to cancel (prior to the departure) then a refund will be given for it, minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance especially during the wet season.
Students must travel on the Anaconda 3 3 day/3 night reef trip to participate in the openwater course, advanced course and dive packages. Stinger suithire not included in price. For divers safety, all dives are subject to the participant using stinger protection equipment. Night dives to be conducted at instructors discretion. We advise adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard divers, we cannot be responsible for any damage, personal injury or loss due to actions beyond our control. We recommend all divers take out travel and dive insurance. We reserve the right to alter destinations and/or activities at staffs discretion, due to prevailing weather and tidal conditions, and to substitute vessels at any time for any reason. Cancellations due to failed dive medical will be fully refunded upon presentation of medical certificate. Transfers will incur a fee of $20.
AGE REQUIREMENTS - Minimum age to take part in course is 12 years old with parent or guardian consent. There is no maximum age but if over 45 year old will need a medical prior.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel if you need any advice or assistance making arrangements for your accommodation or transfers please do not hesitate to ask.
ocean dives: Amazing dive sites, calm instructor, need everything easy, will recommend."
Ocean dives: Amazing. Beautiful dive sites, great time. "