Take your Scuba Diving to the next level at the spectacular and world-famous Great Barrier Reef!
The perfect choice for open water divers who are keen to learn new skills and build their confidence, and in no better place than the idyllic Whitsundays and Great Barrier Reef! This course introduces new diving sites, activities and circumstances, allowing divers to develop their diving expertise and have even more fun, in the amazing aquatic world below...
The AUSI Advanced Open Water Dive Course, is a great opportunity for certified Open Water divers to broaden their skills, with the added bonus of completing their dives on the world famous Great Barrier Reef! With over 10 years diving experience, the Chief Diving Instructor leads this course in small groups (maximum number of 8 students) onboard the widely popular Anaconda III ensuring not only do you receive the very best training possible, but also have more fun than you could ever imagine too!
AUSI Advanced Dive Course Features:
- AUSI (Australian Underwater Scuba Instructors) Certification
- An amazing sailing experience onboard Anaconda 3
- All Dive Equipment included
- 5 dives at the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park
- Opportunity to do extra dives on the Great Barrier Reef
- Textbook and Workbook
- Receive Certification Card following day
Gain your Advanced Open Water Certification which is internationally recognised, with some of the most experienced scuba divers in the area. If youre excited about diving, get excited about your AUSI Advanced Open Water Course, allowing you to dive even further into the magic of the underwater world...
What You Learn
The knowledge and skills you learn on your AUSI Advanced Open Water Course will include:
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- Deeper diving (from 18-30 metres)
- Underwater Navigation Skills
- How to better use your dive computer and electronic Recreational Dive Planner
To enroll in the AUSI Advanced Open Water Diver course, you must:
- Be 18 years or older or 15 years old with a parent or guardian. Have an Open Water Dive Certification and medical questionnaire completed on the day
- This course is only available to Anaconda III passengers
- Must have 9 logged dives
What is AUSI?
Associated Underwater Scuba Intructors (AUSI) was formed in 1994 with the goal to provide the diving industry with affordable quality education support, ensuing that AUSI trainee divers receive the highest quality, world recognised diver eduction.
The AUSI Dive Whitsundays team uphold that mission and have over 30 years experience in Diving and Scuba Instruction. They love what they do and want to ensure all learner divers are trained in a safe and enjoyable environment, so that they too can take their new found skills and enjoy scuba diving safely and enjoyably all over the world.
Anaconda III is not just a Maxi Yacht, but a Mega Yacht! Boasting a large air-conditioned saloon and bar, with TV and comfy lounges, she also flaunts a huge lifting table on which a smorgasbord breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in a buffet style. We take pride in the fact that all meals served on board, are prepared by our chef using only the best local produce. With prior notice, we are also able to cater for any special dietary requirements. Bar prices are very reasonable; we have daily happy hour and stock a large selection of wines and beers. Tea and coffee are included and are available at all times.
Anaconda III Features:
- 3 Days, 3 Nights
- All meals freshly prepared on board
- One full day at Bait Reef, part of the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- Snorkeling/diving equipment provided *wetsuit an additional cost of $22 pp
- Large spacious decks and cabins
- Licensed bar onboard
Anaconda III offers a variety of spacious accommodation styles, all featuring air-conditioning. Anaconda III has 1 Stateroom, private double cabins, twin cabins and also quad share cabins. Each cabin is en-suited with a shower, toilet and basin. The sleeping arrangements are designed to make Anaconda III the perfect pick for both couples and single travelers. With spacious decks, large lounging areas and a saloon, Anaconda III is one of the most comfortable yachts in the Whitsundays!
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
What To Bring
Boat - Please only bring a small soft overnight bag without any zippers (ie. a re-usable shopping). A zipless souvenir bag can be purchased at the boat's check-in office for a few dollars. Ensure you pack clothes, a hat, swimwear, beach towel, sunscreen 30+, warm pullover for the evenings (seasonal)and cash/card for on board purchases. Please feel free to bring on board a reusable water bottle and/or additional snacks. All alcohol is to be purchased from the licensed bar on board - NO BYO alcohol allowed on board. Excess luggage can be stored at several places in town including your boat's check-in office, a 24 hour locker shop or at your accommodation. Most charge between $5-10pp for the duration of your trip.
Course - OPEN WATER certificate or card.
Boat - Skipper, crew, water, meals, linen, snorkelling equipment and all Marine Park fees
Course - 5 Scuba Dives and AUSI Advanced Certification.
- You are required to wear a full length wet/stinger suit to snorkel or dive, you can bring own or hire one on board for $22pp for whole trip
- Dinner on the day of departure is not provided, please have dinner before boarding the vessel
- Alcoholic beverages to be purchased from licensed bar (Beer - $4.50; Glass of wine - $3.50; Spirits - $5.50)
- Soft drinks and water available for purchase on board
- Further Scuba diving is an additional cost - all diving can be decided on and paid for on board. Conditions apply
Your safety in the water is our primary concern. To ensure your comfort and safety divers must be 18 years or over and they may require that you have a Divers Medical Certificate for certain medical conditions and also if you are over 45 years old.
Please read the following questions carefully:
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of asthma, emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioral health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
If any of these conditions apply to you, you will require a Divers Medical Certificate before you can scuba dive.
A Divers Medical Certificate can be obtained from:
Whitsunday Doctors Service
257 Shute Harbour Rd (Opposite xBase)
Ph: 07 4946 6241
Terms and Conditions
Only available for purchase for Anaconda III passengers. All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the AUSI dive company or Anaconda sailing company. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases. Please note for safety reasons you MUST be able to swim to get in the water to snorkel or dive, if you can not swim afraid that cant do the course.
Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip. Also please note that you need to allow time prior to the boats departure to check in, please ask us for more details.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the course and boat trip. If you are advised to get a dive medical please do so as soon as possible because if you fail the medical and is inside of the 21 days notice you may forfeit the full price of the course and boat trip. If the AUSI dive company or Anaconda sailing company have to cancel (prior to the departure) then a refund will be given for it, minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance especially during the wet season.
Students must travel on the Anaconda 3 3 day/3 night reef trip to participate in the openwater course, advanced course and dive packages. Stinger suithire not included in price. For divers safety, all dives are subject to the participant using stinger protection equipment. Night dives to be conducted at instructors discretion. We advise adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard divers, we cannot be responsible for any damage, personal injury or loss due to actions beyond our control. We recommend all divers take out travel and dive insurance. We reserve the right to alter destinations and/or activities at staffs discretion, due to prevailing weather and tidal conditions, and to substitute vessels at any time for any reason. Cancellations due to failed dive medical will be fully refunded upon presentation of medical certificate. Transfers will incur a fee of $20.
AGE REQUIREMENTS - Minimum age to take part in course is 12 years old with parent or guardian consent. There is no maximum age but if over 45 year old will need a medical prior.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel if you need any advice or assistance making arrangements for your accommodation or transfers please do not hesitate to ask.