Top 5 Whitsunday attractions – what to see and do
1. Hardy Reef – A special part of the outer Great Barrier Reef, Hardy Reef is also home to the well-known Reefworld pontoon which allows guests to snorkel, swim and dive on the reef for the day. Hardy Reef is flourishing with great corals and marine species.
How? Book the Reefworld day tour or overnight sailing trips onboard Anaconda 3 or Kiana.
2. Overnight Sailing Tour – The most popular choice when it comes to experiencing the magic of the region, is by sailing around the Whitsunday islands on an overnight tour. While on the trip, guests are able to snorkel, visit Whitehaven Beach and experience the magic of sailing on the Coral Sea.
How? Check out the overnight sailing trips to find the best vessel for you.
3. Whitehaven Beach – The Whitsundays most iconic beach is Whitehaven Beach which is known around the world for its pure silica sand and aqua waters. Whitehaven Beach is protected by the Whitsunday Island National Park and is an award-winning icon.
How? Jump onboard and overnight sailing tour, or choose a day trip or scenic flight.
4. Heart Reef – Naturally formed into the shape of a heart is the world-renowned Heart Reef, located within the outer Great Barrier Reef. Heart Reef is a protected area and can only be viewed from above with a scenic flight. What could be a more romantic proposal than flying over this love icon.
How? Book a scenic flight which flies straight over the reef, starting from just $199.
5. Blue Pearl Bay - A favourite among travellers, Blue Pearl Bay is a popular snorkel site in the Whitsundays and is known for its amazing coral formations, great visibility and abundance of fish. Blue Pearl is also a popular spot to see Priscilla, a great Napolean Wrasse.
How? Many day and overnight tours stop for some snorkelling at this site.
Want more information? Chat to our friendly travel consultants and book a Whitsunday tour!