Boats No Longer Operating In The Whitsundays
Temporarily or officially retired from the overnight chartering market:
- The Card - washed up onto rocks after her mooring broke at South Molle, June 2012
- Pacific Star - washed up onto rocks after mooring broke during a northerly storm, March 2012
- Whitsunday Magic - sadly lost in an accident in September 2011
- Venus - currently not operating
- Apollo III - retired
- Alexander Stewart - retired
- Reefjet - been purchased by a mining company to work in Western Australia, 2011
- Windjammer - left for an extended World cruise, 2011
- Ron of Argyll - retired, but still in the Whitsundays
- Jade - taken by a cyclone storm surge whilst on anchor, 2010
- Anaconda II - taken by a cyclone storm surge whilst on anchor, 2010
- Romance - lost on a storm in 2009
- Tallarook 5 - retired
- Gypsy - retired
- Pacific Sunrise - very popular upmarket vessel, sold and left the area in 2013
- Descarada - no longer operates shared sailing charters, private charters only commencing from Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydneyâ€‹
Please note: Sailing-Whitsundays attempts to keep this article up-to-date at all times.
Sailing Whitsundays: keeping up-to-date at all times
Mr Travel is a fully licensed Travel Agency located in the heart of Airlie Beach, Whitsundays. Our websites are updated on a DAILY basis so that you can book any tour with absolute confidence, knowing that you are getting the best prices and the most accurate information.
With a local office in the heart of Airlie Beach, we are always at the forefront of what is going on in the industry. Trust your locals!